Thread: HW100 tuning?

HW100 tuning?

I don't want to flout forum rules and I'm not after specifics but I'm in a quandary re; wether to keep my HW100 or not.

I now have my FAC and have a nice Anchutz 1417 .22LR in my cabinet. I'm aware that it's not the tool for all occasions and would like a nice FAC air rifle to sit alongside it. I'm aware that the HW100 has problems with FAC power. Perhaps someone will inform me if that problem has been cured or not.

The HW cylinder shot count is limited when using FAC power but that isn't an issue because I use it for hunting rather than plinking/targets.

If I had my "druthers" as the yanks would say it would be a Rapid 7 Mk2 but can't afford one unless I sell some bits.

At the moment I'm thinking of uprating my HW100 simply because of economics but I don't want to downgrade the price of my gun if it doesn't work out, bearing in mind that once it's on the ticket as a firearm it can never be "not" a firearm again and the market for FAC rated HW100s is nowhere near as big as for the Rapid 7.

I'm thinking of turning it up to find out if it retains it's accuracy before I declare it to be FAC powered. My question is - can I tune it up/down to around 30ftlbs with what's in it or will it have to involve "extras" like different springs/hammer/ valves etc??

If anyone fancies a swap for a Rapid 7 Mk2 I can offer my HW100 with both K and S stocks, S&B 8x56 scope, My RWS Scimitar and a few other bits with cash either way. I shall probably keep my lovely little AA S200 Mk3 for those rare times when a 12ftlbs airgun is needed.

Thanks guys.

Hi

The FAC HW100 is better in .22 cal and has no issues. FAC in .177 is pointless and pellets lose stability. TedsHoldover channel demonstrated the ill effects on a FAC hw100 in .177 on his youtube channel if you fancy a look
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFou_4VqLBY
    Ex-Airgunner