Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surrey Guns

Surrey Guns

Hello all. I'm trying to contact the owner of Surrey Guns in Wallington as I left my Pardini pistol with them to sell but the website and number aren't working!!! Does anyone know if they've moved or gone out of business? If anyone can let me know I'd be really greatful. All the best.

I heard a rumour about a connection with saddlery and gunroom in Biggin Hill.

Might be worth giving them a call.

It would be a shame to see another gun shop close, lets hope it stays in business.

I think the owner of Surrey Guns is on the BBS, perhaps her can throw some light on whats actually going on.

I've got Peter's mobile number, it's been going straight to answer for some time, with two different messages. One saying something about staff sickness. He only live 10 min's from me, I'll try to pop over to his house and find out

I hope that's not another old gun shop gone - we've lost far too many already.

Please keep us posted.

John

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    I heard a rumour about a connection with saddlery and gunroom in Biggin Hill.

Might be worth giving them a call.

It would be a shame to see another gun shop close, lets hope it stays in business.

I think the owner of Surrey Guns is on the BBS, perhaps her can throw some light on whats actually going on.
    great place this

...surely they would have notified you, if you left your Pardini there mate?
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Surrey Guns

Thanks all so much for your replies.

I've dealt with Peter quite a lot over the years and its really out of character for him to not reply or inform customers if the worst had happened.
    The website is down, emails are bouncing back and no reply with the shop phone... It'd be great to get the pistol back but I also hope Peter is ok.
    If you can shed any light, that'd be a great help.

Thanks again.

Mat

Left another voicemail today, informing him of this thread

Just had a message from Peter. He's is unwell at the moment. He will be doing his best to contact customers.

Surrey Guns

Heard the receivers went in last week, so everything now up in the air.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    That's a bugger. They were my local, although rather expensive, and aimed more at powder burners, but a decent place and nice folks.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Any updates on this? I am looking to buy a Pardini. Should i wait or move on?

vote with your wallet seems to be the trend...as mates & all...help with servicing etc..

Shame another shop has POTENTIALLY bit the dust.

Blame eSales online ? or Euro pricing which is reasonable but out of synch with outrageous End Retail pricing in the Uk, and amplified NOW that GBP is on a tear versus Euro...? (50 /50 if shop at fault- more often agent jacks his prices up - "pigs at trough" spring to mind).

Just wondering..since Ideally, my local RFD would be a nice place to go for the chat , cuppa coffee, small chat and service, knowing full well they want my business, yet Im willing to give it to them because of their overheads and because it is convenient as they have what goodies I want to buy.

What Im never prepared to do...is be taken for a ride....and therein lies the problem...I go online to buy from Europe instead.

The ball is in the court of the "UK agent" for various brand, IMHO...

I'm trying to contact Peter now.

Quote Originally Posted by JG66 View Post
    vote with your wallet seems to be the trend...as mates & all...help with servicing etc..

Shame another shop has POTENTIALLY bit the dust.

Blame eSales online ? or Euro pricing which is reasonable but out of synch with outrageous End Retail pricing in the Uk, and amplified NOW that GBP is on a tear versus Euro...? (50 /50 if shop at fault- more often agent jacks his prices up - "pigs at trough" spring to mind).

Just wondering..since Ideally, my local RFD would be a nice place to go for the chat , cuppa coffee, small chat and service, knowing full well they want my business, yet Im willing to give it to them because of their overheads and because it is convenient as they have what goodies I want to buy.

What Im never prepared to do...is be taken for a ride....and therein lies the problem...I go online to buy from Europe instead.

The ball is in the court of the "UK agent" for various brand, IMHO...
    Agree with what you say.
    Pre christmas 2014 I made an enquiry with Peter about a Pardini K10 and his price was very good at the time. Close to Euro prices. Unfortunately unable to make contact since to get a price update and do a deal.

I understand the shop is now empty and the stock will be auctioned off.

If anyone has any of their own guns in for sale or repair then you need to contact the liquidators asap. Contact Surrey Police for details.

Very sad indeed.

Popped into GT Shooting in Coulsdon today and they still seem to be doing well. And long may it continue.