Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old air rifle ID - any ideas please?

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    The photo isn't very sharp. Some high res close ups of the breech and cylinder may help.
    It could be one of many makes, including Slavia / Carl Gustav / Diana / BSF to name but a few.
    Better pics please.
    Pete.
    Hi better pics now on the first post. Anymore detail shots I can get that will help please let me know.
    I'm thinking maybe its a Relum Telly but a couple of details are slightly different from what I could see in other pictures.

Thanks for all the help
    Last edited by Dodgerover; 10-02-2015 at 09:26 PM. Reason: more info

Your dads old relum ?

HI GILES. DO 5.5 mm PELLETS GO INTO THE BREECH OF THE BARREL. IF SO I WOULD SUGGEST PULL IT APART AS THE PISTON HEAD WASHERS TEND TO DIS-INTERGRATE OVER TIME AND THE GUN LOSES POWER TO THE POINT THAT IT WILL NOT PUSH OUT A PELLET.
    HAS THE RELUM TELLY I SENT YOU ARRIVED YET ? ATB METALMICKEY

Has the look of a Relum or Slavia. Some rifles of the older era such as the Swedish Bahco or Excellent have a tight 5.4 mm bore and the pellets need to be sized before firing.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by metalmickey View Post
    HI GILES. DO 5.5 mm PELLETS GO INTO THE BREECH OF THE BARREL. IF SO I WOULD SUGGEST PULL IT APART AS THE PISTON HEAD WASHERS TEND TO DIS-INTERGRATE OVER TIME AND THE GUN LOSES POWER TO THE POINT THAT IT WILL NOT PUSH OUT A PELLET.
    HAS THE RELUM TELLY I SENT YOU ARRIVED YET ? ATB METALMICKEY
    Hi, sorry not been on for a long while, yes the Relum arrived the next day thank you very much, I got a big rat with it a couple of nights ago!

On my Dads old gun the new pellets I bought do go into the breach so I'm guessing the seals etc are all well passed their best, not sure what on earth the pellets were last time! I would like to sort it out if I can ID it as its a lighter gun than the Relum Telly, with them side by side it is very Relumish and looks to have had a tag in exactly the same position on the stock. Any ideas now the better photos are up?

Thanks
    Giles