Thread: 100s+ Pics for all LOVERS of 'BSA and Lincoln Jeffries Vintage air rifles.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    It was originally in a glass case, I don't know what the current owner has to protect it, maybe it's just out in his shed!

I invested years ago in a set of these;

http://www.montrosegunsandtackle.co....et-500x500.jpg

As well as various parallel ground inserts of any size I could find to fit a standard 1/4" drive handle, the cost soon repays itself in lack of damage, and a good fit means you can tackle stiff fasteners with confidence.

ATB, Ed
    Someone on this forum gave me some excellent advice which I followed. I scoured junk shops for old screwdrivers which I seem to be able to find with lovely wooden handles, dirt cheap as basically just old tools.... And I reground them. Gives you a lovely parallel ground blade. So far have all I need to fit my guns, though would probably consider the investment in a professional set it I was working on a high volume of other people's guns

Took this picture today at our vintage hft shoot.
    Bob

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...sgdtobhum.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Splund View Post
    Took this picture today at our vintage hft shoot.
    Bob

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...sgdtobhum.jpeg
    Great to see the old BSAs in use use Bob. What sort of targets and distances were used?

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Great to see the old BSAs in use use Bob. What sort of targets and distances were used?

John
    I believe they were 25m to 40mm kill zone knock over style targets, anywhere from 8 to 35 yards. 15 targets, each one shot prone, kneeling and standing so a maximum of 90 points.
    It's a real joy to shoo without adjustable cheek piece, hamsters and scopes etc. Mine is a 1930(ish) .177 with flip up peep sights but I get on better with the standard notch and post sights.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Splund View Post
    I believe they were 25m to 40mm kill zone knock over style targets, anywhere from 8 to 35 yards. 15 targets, each one shot prone, kneeling and standing so a maximum of 90 points.
    It's a real joy to shoo without adjustable cheek piece, hamsters and scopes etc. Mine is a 1930(ish) .177 with flip up peep sights but I get on better with the standard notch and post sights.
    Bob
    Thanks Bob - that sounds like an interesting shoot. Do you find your point of impact varies much when shooting from different positions?

Peep sights are great in good light but in a dark wood, opens are easier to use as you say. I find a dab of red on the foresight bead helps to pick up the sight in a dark wood too.

John