Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100s+ Pics for all LOVERS of 'BSA and Lincoln Jeffries Vintage air rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    good advice and understood. Have already rejected several cheap clinkers for the same reasons... needs to be mechanically complete.
    The Model D (above) was lovely and i know at some point in the future i am going to kick myself for saying NO. Oh well....
    No problem, have a good look around see what's out there and if you don't find a project and decide on one in good original condition give me a shout, I have two that I will be selling at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    No problem, have a good look around see what's out there and if you don't find a project and decide on one in good original condition give me a shout, I have two that I will be selling at some point.
    errrr......well just in case:

IDEALLY: Standard or Model D (because i love the look of either the 'scooped/goose-neck' underlever end, and/or the quirkiness of the side button underlever).
    I'm assuming these models give the longest barrels as i love the look, and possibly the longest air chamber as also want it to be as proficient as possible in ejecting the odd piece of lead now and then.
    QUESTION: Is that a valid belief? Is there a particular model that is considered potentially 'more powerful' than others? (because of size, dimension, etc)

DEFINITELY a 'pistol' grip type stock. 'Walnut' would be a dream come true (but probably unlikely).
    And a rear aperture sight (BSA No 22..... be still my beating heart....) even if i have to fit a suitable one myself. Already looking just in case...

MOST IMPORTANTLY (as already agreed): mechanically complete.

....just thought i'd mention...

errrr......well just in case:

IDEALLY: Standard or Model D (because i love the look of either the 'scooped/goose-neck' underlever end, and/or the quirkiness of the side button underlever).
    I'm assuming these models give the longest barrels as i love the look, and possibly the longest air chamber as also want it to be as proficient as possible in ejecting the odd piece of lead now and then.
    QUESTION: Is that a valid belief? Is there a particular model that is considered potentially 'more powerful' than others? (because of size, dimension, etc)

DEFINITELY a 'pistol' grip type stock. 'Walnut' would be a dream come true (but probably unlikely).
    And a rear aperture sight (BSA No 22..... be still my beating heart....) even if i have to fit a suitable one myself. Already looking just in case...

MOST IMPORTANTLY (as already agreed): mechanically complete.

....just thought i'd mention...
    They are all walnut stocks just that some are nicer than others wood
    Being a natural material. The most powerful is the 45" called the "Long Tom" or "Giant" the pistol stock is the most common the strieght stocks are harder to find, will send you a few pics by e mail, welcome to the slippery slope.

Is there a particular model that is considered potentially 'more powerful' than others? (because of size, dimension, etc)
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....59#post6597759
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

WHOOPS.... and very comprehensive too

....and as a passing final note to 'all my readers'...
    about to become the doting owner of a very lovely and original 'straight hand stock' Lincoln. Left the factory Dec/Jan 1905 - so just had its 109th birthday! will be coming to me at the end of the month (just have to get its room at the home ready....), and intend (because of its very original and clean state) just the gentlest of maintenance as seems to shoot well enough.

And it will be joining the other 'residents':
    TX200HC mk3 (just dropped in tinbum's tuning kit... very pleased)
    Alros Trailsman (tube version with 8xmultishot - which hopefully the very talented U.K.Neil will be turning some replacement brass bits for on a second air tube to match)
    Webley mk3 (serial: 9350 - and the subject of another thread as i gently win the battle of correct spring and new leather seals...)

Not so much a collection as a family!

....and as a passing final note to 'all my readers'...
    about to become the doting owner of a very lovely and original 'straight hand stock' Lincoln. Left the factory Dec/Jan 1905 - so just had its 109th birthday! will be coming to me at the end of the month (just have to get its room at the home ready....), and intend (because of its very original and clean state) just the gentlest of maintenance as seems to shoot well enough.
    Great result! If you could supply some nice sharp pics of it when it arrives, please, I'll add them to the gallery.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Great result! If you could supply some nice sharp pics of it when it arrives, please, I'll add them to the gallery.
    I will be happy to

Pegasus has just corrected me (and rightly too): serial no 1946 is a '1905 BSA Lincoln Jeffrey's pat. Straight handled stock'.
    Dates remain the same.

You do have some pics (is currently posted in the Visitors Gallery under the heading 'Three BSA/Lincoln rifles') but i'd like to send a clearer and more detailed set to update you later.

Pegasus has just corrected me (and rightly too): serial no 1946 is a '1905 BSA Lincoln Jeffrey's pat. Straight handled stock'.
    Dates remain the same.

You do have some pics (is currently posted in the Visitors Gallery under the heading 'Three BSA/Lincoln rifles') but i'd like to send a clearer and more detailed set to update you later.
    Looking again at John's pics, it's a nice looking rifle. I don't think I've seen such a deep imprint of the BSA piled arms near the loading tap! Some slightly sharper pics would be great, thanks. If good enough, I'd like to put them in the main forum gallery.

On a separate note, I've just had contact from a chap who is fabricating a BSA Military Pattern from scratch (based on an existing Improved Model D and Lee Enfield parts), and has promised pics of it as it comes along. If anyone has done this already and made drawings, can you please get in touch?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

...Some slightly sharper pics would be great, thanks. If good enough, I'd like to put them in the main forum gallery....
    aBSA-blooming-loootely

On a separate note, I've just had contact from a chap who is fabricating a BSA Military Pattern from scratch (based on an existing Improved Model D and Lee Enfield parts), and has promised pics of it as it comes along. If anyone has done this already and made drawings, can you please get in touch?
    in case relevant: just spotted on 'fleabay' an item: 231484830582 due 26/feb at 15:52:

"Lee Enfield No-4 MK1 "UNISSUED WOOD SET" and PARTS"
    Lee Enfield No4

New / Old stored stock
    Full set of very nice unused woodwork ....
    -------------------------------------
    Sling
    Brass oiler
    Wide barrel band
    Narrow barrel band
    2 x stripper clips / Chargers

in case relevant: just spotted on 'fleabay' an item: 231484830582 due 26/feb at 15:52:

"Lee Enfield No-4 MK1 "UNISSUED WOOD SET" and PARTS"
    Lee Enfield No4

New / Old stored stock
    Full set of very nice unused woodwork ....
    -------------------------------------
    Sling
    Brass oiler
    Wide barrel band
    Narrow barrel band
    2 x stripper clips / Chargers
    Thank you. Apparently he has a couple of Lee Enfield rifles to borrow parts from.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Thank you. Apparently he has a couple of Lee Enfield rifles to borrow parts from.
    Must ask: Is the bolt cosmetic (fixed?.... Or perhaps even articulated?),
    Or does it have a function in the firing cycle?

Must ask: Is the bolt cosmetic (fixed?.... Or perhaps even articulated?),
    Or does it have a function in the firing cycle?
    No, the bolt has no function in the BSA Military Pattern, except perhaps to help make the overall weight (and feel) similar to the Lee Enfield service rifle. And it is fixed to the back of the trigger block/cylinder extension.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery