Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Umarex Peacemaker.....let's see shall we...?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    The hammer rest position is putting me off slightly, also from the above it doesn't sound like it has the authentic action that Umarex promised. Tradingnow, how many clicks on the hammer ? The rest position of the hammer looks like it should be in the quarter cock "Safe" position. While not really needed on this gun, how good is the ejector, does it ass right through the shells?

Good enough I suppose and I will still buy one but the SAA action is pretty iconic so they should get it right.
    Like the gent above and John, I too find the hammer rest position a bit off putting - its nowhere near as noticeable on the Webley MkVI which I believe uses the same 'hammer bounce' striking system so I don't know why the peacemaker is like it...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Like the gent above and John, I too find the hammer rest position a bit off putting - its nowhere near as noticeable on the Webley MkVI which I believe uses the same 'hammer bounce' striking system so I don't know why the peacemaker is like it...
    I assume its because there is no safety bar to prevent accidental discharge.

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    I assume its because there is no safety bar to prevent accidental discharge.
    Then why is it not as pronounced on the Webley?
    (They both have safety catches)

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Then why is it not as pronounced on the Webley?
    (They both have safety catches)
    I haven't had the pleasure of handling one yet, but imagine that perhaps there is slightly less room for the valve than on the Webley, which is why the hammer is lifted slightly further back.

It seems that these days, many pistols have 2 safety mechanisms, whereas in the days when Crosman first produced their classic revolvers (SA6 and 38T), no safety features were included.
    Last edited by jassi; 03-04-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    It seems that these days, many pistols have 2 safety mechanisms, whereas in the days when Crosman first produced their classic revolvers (SA6 and 38T), no safety features were included.
    Not quite correct - both the 38C & 38T had a hammer lock when pulled back about 1/16" like the original S&W model it was based on and I'm not 100% sure, but I think the SA6 might have had something similar...

True, I suppose it is a safety feature, though I had never thought of it as such.