Thread: HW90 thoughts

HW90 thoughts

Hi

I've sifted through the pages here covering this rifle but can't seem to find out if the moderator and gold trigger were standard on the carbine and what year they were introduced here. I'm going to look at one next weekend which looks nice at a dealers but seems dear at £280, I can only hope they'll be generous on px for my Webley Mk3 Supertarget.

Thanks to any owners who can advise.

Andy

Can't help you on the moderator. Assuming you mean the screw cut HW silencer I would guess around 2006?

I had one new in 1996 and it had a gold trigger and the muzzle weight.

Great gun!

But insist on seeing it chronoed at the dealer and ask for a 3 month warranty as you don't know the history of it.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsa View Post
    Hi

I've sifted through the pages here covering this rifle but can't seem to find out if the moderator and gold trigger were standard on the carbine and what year they were introduced here. I'm going to look at one next weekend which looks nice at a dealers but seems dear at £280, I can only hope they'll be generous on px for my Webley Mk3 Supertarget.

Andy
    Don't believe the hype .22 rules!

Hi

Andy
    Hi Andy, I think I have seen the gun to which you refer on their add. I think also that that rifle would of come with a muzzle weight as standard rather than a silencer. I have 2 HW90's one which was a bit rough that I paid £150 for and now sports a full length .25 barrel and my recent purchase of a HW90TB with a period Nikko Gold crown 3-9x40 which was an absolute sleeper for £375. Unfortunately sleeping is not always good for guns and I have had to strip it and replace
    the Schrader and 2 o rings plus fitted one of the new type piston washers. I wasn't losing air (till I stripped it for the for the first time!!) but the piston was galling on the inside of the cylinder. I have to say though it is now an absolute joy to shoot, what you would try and achieve with a tuned springer, so thumbs up for the 90 from me!!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Hi

Andy
    Andy

IMHO You will be far better off selling the Mk3 Supertarget privately - not PX it to a dealer.

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Andy

IMHO You will be far better off selling the Mk3 Supertarget privately - not PX it to a dealer.

Cheers

Steve
    I have to agree. Ask on the collectables section what it is worth - they will need a good description of condition and preferably pictures to help.
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Thanks to all who have replied so far, it's only because they have a mint one they are asking £390 for, so it will be interesting to see how they value my Mk3 in comparison, what admittedly has seen a lot more use!