Thread: Hatsan Galatian- advice needed

Hatsan Galatian- advice needed

Hi Everyone,
    I'm in the market for a FAC .22 air rifle and for some unknown reason I am drawn towards the Hatsan Galatian .22 in FAC (36ftlbs). Maybe it's the styling, reminding me of the big game hunting rifles used in Africa! I appreciate their styling is quite unique and not to everyones taste! Has anyone got any first hand experience with them?, I'm very interest in the Galatian 2 carbine. I've contacted one gun dealer but to my concern they have stopped stocking them due to complaints by customers regarding build quality and issues of barrel alignment with the breech? Has anyone experienced this?

Any constructive comments regarding this rifle would be appreciated.

Cheers

Yeti
    Last edited by YETI; 31-01-2015 at 02:16 PM.

I honestly do not see any point in 22 fac air at 36ftlbs is my first thought

I am willing to learn, but that's going to go straight through quarry, but still not go much further than considerable lower ME set up

We don't have 'bigger quarry' in UK for heavier more pokey ammo - so what's the point / benefit if there is one ??
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

secretagentmole Guest
    Simple, 36 ft lb in .22 can be used in areas where rim fire or centre fire cannot! 36 ft lb gives a useful killing range of about 75 metres, or some 3 times the secondary zero on a sub 12.

I have a Galatian 4 carbine in .22 and find it a nice rifle to use.It is accurate, mine seems to be very well made and it has a good shot count in sub 12. The trigger is the lovely Quattro (development of the Omega I believe). It does not have auto safety (which I found a pain on the AT) and it has a fully adjustable stock (cheek piece, butt pad and reach adjustment too).

Another gun you might like to try in FAC would be the Walther RM8, they are available in FAC and that bottle gives a better shot count!