Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haenel 310 - experts? And buying from eGun?

Trust you to have two John!

Have you had them apart to see how well the stock fits the action? - is it a reasonably 'easy' conversion and very professional in fit? I'm struggling with the Google German-English translations but presumably there are German sellers offering these...
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

You are right John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Max,

I can thoroughly recommend a Mauser stocked 310 - the pics of the one you showed are of a rifle now residing with me. It takes the genuine bayonet and shoots very accurately. I'm not a fan of the Mars series and prefer the 'stick' magazine used in the Haenels over the reservoir on others. Appreciate they are conversions but they work for me. Well at least the two I have acquired do. Both extremely well converted and currently undergoing full testing.

Kind regards,

John
    To use (shoot) the haenel 310 or 49a is better than Mars , i am damaged you know ,., i always think in collecting and original , i have heard the 49a fits better in the Mauser stock , because the system is shorter and the trigger is further back , is both of yours 310s ?

Quote Originally Posted by aircol View Post
    To use (shoot) the haenel 310 or 49a is better than Mars , i am damaged you know ,., i always think in collecting and original , i have heard the 49a fits better in the Mauser stock , because the system is shorter and the trigger is further back , is both of yours 310s ?
    Yes, both 310s. I generally prefer originality over refinishing or a conversion too but do have a weakness for converted Haenels. Finding an original 33 Senior or Junior is not easy, nor is finding a Mars for that matter but 310s or even Anschutz 275s can be obtained relatively easily in comparison. As I understand it, most of the work is done to the stock rather than the action, so the rifles may be converted back to original spec easily enough, as long as the original stocks are retained. Furthermore, the Model 33s will not accept a bayonet, whereas my converted K98 does and that is part of the attraction to me. The 310/K98 certainly turned heads when I took her and a 1939 dated bayonet to Bisley a few weeks ago! Surprisingly enough the K98 with fixed bayonet was still capable of comfortable shooting with a balance superior to my SMLE stocked Lincoln with sword bayonet fitted.

Max,
    To answer your questions, I have not had my rifles apart as I am technically challenged and capable of breaking things all too easily but the fitting has been done very well. The action does not move around and 'looks right'. I obtained the details of the person in Germany who originally owned my rifles am am still waiting to hear from him regarding who originally converted them. They were certainly done professionally and I believe the collector in question had another couple in his collection. You have probably looked at the same sites as me as I too struggled with Google Translate but it is worth persevering, particularly for the pics of converted Mausers, Moisin Nagants, etc.

Kind regards,

John

Max, et al,

Could be of interest?

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/au...7-a42900feaf0b

If the link doesn't work, try a search for Lot 161 - A Haenel Sport Model 33 Junior air rifle - Busby Auctioneers and Valuers. Auction is on 5 Feb.

John

John - further to PM, anything is possible, I'd settle for a Mosin Nagant Haenel 310 from this chap:

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...896&edit-text=

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    John - further to PM, anything is possible, I'd settle for a Mosin Nagant Haenel 310 from this chap:

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...896&edit-text=
    Yes, I particularly like the way the magazine hides the cocking lever pivot on the Mosin Nagant and other similar magazine loading rifles.

John

I have an Anschutz 275 thats nickel plated, . Its a cracking rifle and allways gets a lot of attention at the club has it is something different, enjoy your 310.

I could not resist picking these up yesterday when I saw them at a militaria fair:

Not sure why I got three (!) but just need a 310 now....

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    I could not resist picking these up yesterday when I saw them at a militaria fair:

Not sure why I got three (!) but just need a 310 now....
    Well done Max! Plese keep us posted when you do source a suitable 310.

John

Yep, not sure I'll use them John but got them just in case. As discussed I'd prefer a Mosin Nagant M44 with the side folding bayonet, it's an easier conversion too I understand and a tadge shorter.

Hi Max,

I wonder how practical a proposition it is to fit a BSA underlever action into a Mauser stock? I have an SMLE stocked Lincoln, which is a particular favourite of mine and I'm sure someone with the necessary skills could do the same with a Mauser.

John

John check the link in post #20 - I spent a long time last night studying it and understanding (trying) the Germanglish. I really think anything is possible - I quite like the idea of sticking my HW77K in one of these K98 stocks....

Hi Max,

Yes I too have tried translating that site when I came across it a while back. I wish I'd studied German when at school as it would have come in very handy, had I then known of my forthcoming interest in vintage airguns! Not sure a HW77 would work due to the long underlever. A shorter underlever such as that on a BSA would probably be better aesthetically.

Kind regards,

John