Thread: Gunpower Edge???

Gunpower Edge???

Has anyone out there got any experience or comments regarding the Gunpower Edge?
    I shot one at a Game Fair and quite enjoyed it but would it really be suitable for some 10m target or Bell target.

Captain Bongo is online now I'm not falling for this again........
    I have one. The regulator in it makes it fairly consistent so long as the top hat does not move. The trigger is rubbish the supplied diopter sights are pretty naff, the plastic/rubber band breech is pathetic in a rifle that costs so much and I feel like I wasted my money.

But it is a nice shade of blue.......

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I have one. The regulator in it makes it fairly consistent so long as the top hat does not move. The trigger is rubbish the supplied diopter sights are pretty naff, the plastic/rubber band breech is pathetic in a rifle that costs so much and I feel like I wasted my money.

But it is a nice shade of blue.......
    That's that idea in the bin but thanks for the honest review.

I know 2 people with these, one is very reliable and shoots very well, the other has had so many issues that she has now given up getting it fixed and is buying another rifle, seems to be a bit of a mixed bag on these, I've heard of others that have had issues but have also seen reviews where they're rated highly, don't suppose that helps much

Looking at the review above and the dodgy one I know of DONT BUY THE BLUE ONE
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post

Looking at the review above and the dodgy one I know of DONT BUY THE BLUE ONE
    Maybe painting it a different colour would help then Nige ?

For what it is worth I have only ever heard bad things about this rifle and the previous link to it on this forum may be very helpful ( if anyone can find it) as I seem to remember it attracted quite a lot of comments.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I'm old skool, if it ain't got some walnut to polish I wouldn't wanna shoot it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Maybe painting it a different colour would help then Nige ?

For what it is worth I have only ever heard bad things about this rifle and the previous link to it on this forum may be very helpful ( if anyone can find it) as I seem to remember it attracted quite a lot of comments.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Probably the worst PCP target rifle ever made,dreadful trigger,far too light for anyone but a small child,and looks like a plumber made it from offcuts of pipe
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

The rifle is an entry level rifle and no more.
    Shoots well and accurately. They come in Blue Red or Black.
    The ones used by Walton Lions
    at the game fair have had 10s of thousands of shot through them.
    They have are still going strong. Good maintenance is essential.