Thread: Jackal spring removal

Jackal spring removal

Hi guys an gals

how do I take the spring out of my aa jackal? and why doesn't it cock?

ta Graham

Remove the trigger, then remove the grub screw in the side ,just in front of the cylinder end, once done turn the rifle upside down. Where the trigger was is a pin holding the cylinder end on. Tap it out and the cylinder end will come off. Remember it's under spring pressure.

What's happening when you try to cock it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oscardog View Post
    Remove the trigger, then remove the grub screw in the side ,just in front of the cylinder end, once done turn the rifle upside down. Where the trigger was is a pin holding the cylinder end on. Tap it out and the cylinder end will come off. Remember it's under spring pressure.

What's happening when you try to cock it?
    cheers, it doesn't do any thing when I cock it the cocking lever just moves freely as if it's already cocked, if that makes sense
    atb Graham

Could be the anti bear trap hasn't disengaged, did it use to work and stop suddenly or brought like that?

Could be the anti bear trap hasn't disengaged, did it use to work and stop suddenly or brought like that?
    No brought it like that , I bought 2 jackals and made one good one out of two I just thought that I'd see if I could get the second one (for parts) shooting again , it might be a job for someone else.
    thanks Graham

So if you cock it, the pston goes back and is held in place, does nothing happen when you pull the trigger ? Sounds like the anti b hasn't disengaged of the main sear isn't dropping when you pull the trigger.

Rob

So if you cock it, the pston goes back and is held in place, does nothing happen when you pull the trigger ? Sounds like the anti b hasn't disengaged of the main sear isn't dropping when you pull the trigger.

Rob
    Hi Rob
    I've taken it all to pieces so I'll be in touch when it comes to putting it back together, stand by your computer

cheers Graham