Thread: Sterling HR81 valuation wanted please

Sterling HR81 valuation wanted please

Sterling HR81 valuation wanted please.
    Hi I have decided to let her go shes near mint apart from a small scuff on the stock..but for the likes of me I cant find one for sale to get an idea of whats shes worth s I fancy a more modern springer..Pics to follow.
    Any help much appreciated.
    Barry
    I believe patriotism comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief.

I believe patriotism comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief.

They seem to go for about £300.

Thats a nice exaomple, had one myself for a few years. It was in .22, it was well made but the triguer was extremly primative, it diesaled a lot and spares were close to non existant at the time I paid £200 for mine, hope thats a guidence has there an intresting design that deserverd better. The design was sold on to Benjamin and some beleve the US model has a better triguer, stock and sights.

Hi l sold one at the sutton coldfield airgun fair in 2011 boxed and had only been factory test fired in the rarer .177 for £200 hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    Thats a nice exaomple, had one myself for a few years. It was in .22, it was well made but the triguer was extremly primative, it diesaled a lot and spares were close to non existant at the time I paid £200 for mine, hope thats a guidence has there an intresting design that deserverd better. The design was sold on to Benjamin and some beleve the US model has a better triguer, stock and sights.
    Cheers for the info...The trigger is good on this one and the action is like silk after I gave her a tune up....Shes still shooting at 11.4 FTLBS with its original spring
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Arisaka View Post
    They seem to go for about £300.
    Cheers...I will try for £250 or swaps and see how she goes.
    Barry