Thread: Hawk Sport Hd 3-9 X 50 Locking Ring

Hawk Sport Hd 3-9 X 50 Locking Ring

Hi there, It says on the brochure that came with my scope that there are two types of adjustment for adjusting the sharpness of the reticle, standard eyebell with lock-ring + fast focus eyebell, the one i've got on my Hawk Sport HD 3-9 X 50 is the standard eyebell with lock ring, i have tried to undo the lock ring but it appears to be very, very tight, so i was just wondering if this locking ring has been set at the factory and should not be moved......??????...... pic below for you to see

CHEERS
    MILO

You should be able to undo the locking ring. They can't be set at the factory as they would need your eyes to set it.
    When you've got it undone, look at the sky (not the sun) and rotate the eyebell until the crosshairs are in sharp focus, lock back up again.
    ATB
    Ray.

I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here, but if you're trying to move the locking ring back towards your eye, the eyebell will have to be unscrewed backwards first.

I realise that Ray, but it's sooooo tight that's why i thought maybe that, anyway if i look at the reticle pointing the scope to the sky it's sharp, but sometimes in other situations it's not so sharp that's why i thought of having a go at adjusting it, but theres no way i'm going to force it.

MILO