Thread: Webley Hawk MrK 11

Webley Hawk MrK 11

Hiya folks Ive a Webley Hawk with both barrels I want to restore it can anyone give me addresses of parts department . And any information on the gun would be really helpful . Velocities finish on the stock ect mine has a varnished stock very light coloured and seems like the the mental has been painted ?. Should it be blued .

Quote Originally Posted by billytwobags View Post
    Hiya folks Ive a Webley Hawk with both barrels I want to restore it can anyone give me addresses of parts department . And any information on the gun would be really helpful . Velocities finish on the stock ect mine has a varnished stock very light coloured and seems like the the mental has been painted ?. Should it be blued .
    Velocities quoted by Webley at the time 650fps in .177", 550fps in .22"

Stock finish --- coloured varnish.

Parts --- https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24526/Hawk-MK2/

All the best Mick

hawk parts

Thank you believe it or not ive had the gun for 30years ! Ive grandkids now so thought i better get it restored Ha Ha time flies !

Thank you believe it or not ive had the gun for 30years ! Ive grandkids now so thought i better get it restored Ha Ha time flies !
    Believe it or not Billy, I believe you, as I've owned my Hawk MK 2 from new for 40years.

All the best Mick

Webley hawk

Hi Mick have you restored yours or just enjoyed it ? Also dos the safety catch work ok ? . The little gun seems so light and enjoyable think the young ones will enjoy it . Have you found spares hard to come by the link you sent seems to have a lot out of stock is this the norm ? thank you

Hi Mick have you restored yours or just enjoyed it ? Also dos the safety catch work ok ? . The little gun seems so light and enjoyable think the young ones will enjoy it . Have you found spares hard to come by the link you sent seems to have a lot out of stock is this the norm ? thank you
    Hi Billy

My safety catch stopped operating thirty odd years ago.

A few parts from the Vulcan fit the Hawk and I bought a scrap Hawk MK11 off here (a dog had bitten through the pistol grip ) to get a .177" barrel and other spares.

As for my hawk MK11 :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=Webley+hawk

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Believe it or not Billy, I believe you, as I've owned my Hawk MK 2 from new for 40years.

All the best Mick
    You beat me by 2 years!! Mine was a present new when I was 11 and is still in excellent condition. I made a free floating spring guide when I was 17 and redid the stock. Worst thing was the safety catch, used to fire when pushed forward, so I cut it off!! Would like a .177 barrel for it. Lovely deep blueing.

Hawk Mk 11 safety (HAH!) catch

As they say, I remember it well. Had a 2/hand Hawk 2 as a 15th b/day present - 1974. My older bro bought it, boxed, from a gun shop in Frome, Somerset. The stock broke at the pistol grip after a few days, replaced by Webley.
    Later on, pushing off the safety catch would fire the gun - but only if you had touched the trigger before. I used to jokingly call this the 'match trigger' & it is one of the reasons I have never trusted 'safety catches' since.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Webley Hawk MKII

There were some problems with the Hawk MK II & III safety system. For some reason, tolerances or whatever some guns had triggers that would go off even if the safety was on. Webley made a revised trigger with a higher protruding "contact tag" that solved the problem. I worked in the service dept in that era so know it well. The other problem was if someone put the mod'd trigger in place un-needed; the gun just wouldn't cock and people trying to force it would break parts or bend the cocking lever. I have some spares for this gun so if billytwobags wants to e mail me at ray210645@yahoo.co.uk I will try and help. Also on the question of metal finish guns of this era do get painted by owners but due to a "hiccup" in metal specs lots of Hawk MKII's and maybe III's [not sure] had un-blueable cylinders, so they were black chromed, but they always looked lovely when new.

abellringer