Thread: Melbourne Airgun Collector's Fair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barts101 View Post
    Looking forward to Melbourne,

Got a car full of crazed collectors looking for falke 80/90, webley service amongst any other surprises people have to offer.

The BBQ very nice last year, great food.

See you all there.

Dave
    Good news!

I'll be bringing 2 Webley Services.

And I concur regarding the food. The quality was above the all too common shamburgers while the price was lower - the sort of combination a Yorkshireman appreciates.

See you there, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

This will be the first one of these that I won't be able to attend. Hope everyone has a good time though!

Targ-Aire Pistols... Anyone got one?

I remember reading an article about these a long time ago, they're a quirky and unusual American pistol with a break-barrel action. The funny thing is with these that the cocking is like a ratchet, you can action the barrel once, twice or three times for low, medium and high power.

I like unusual things like this. I did see one once at a Birmingham arms fair but didn't have the cash, but I was wondering if anyone on here had one and would care to post opinions about it? I think they're pretty rare, but would be interested to know if anyone knew what calibres they were available in, or any other information. If anyone knows of one for sale I'd appreciate a heads up.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob, I'd never even heard of one of these until I read your post .

So, as ever the first port of call is Danny's excellent Vintage Airgun Gallery, and of course there's some info on these (VAG link) including the instructions for use in the "Boxed and tagged" supplementary link.

Fascinating, although if you operate the barrel 3 times Rob you may have difficulty shooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Hi Rob, I'd never even heard of one of these until I read your post .

So, as ever the first port of call is Danny's excellent Vintage Airgun Gallery, and of course there's some info on these (VAG link) including the instructions for use in the "Boxed and tagged" supplementary link.

Fascinating, although if you operate the barrel 3 times Rob you may have difficulty shooting it.
    Thanks for that... Stupid mistake, I meant to start a new thread there. Sorry folks.