Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Airgun Collector's Fair

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Good job you reminded me there Ian, I have 60 odd badges to print before Saturday.

And I need to run off a few maps showing folks the way from my place to Melbourne, though in reality there's only five roads to get there.

All the best Mick
    Still got my three as well Mick

Regards
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    If any sellers haven't received a copy of the Sellers Guide then let me know and I'll send via an alternate method this evening. ATB
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Making good progress Pete.

cheeky monkey

I am much taller than him

Boing

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Boing
    Very good Mick .

I think you'll find the appropriate noise for collectors is "a creak". For some that's from their wallets, and others it's the knees.

The day is upon us, hope everyone has a good day and finds something they want.

One of the sellers (Chris) has a large number of rifle stocks.

If you know anyone who can't attend on the day then make sure you've got their phone number to hand and you may be able to find a suitable item for them and do the deal by phone.

Thumbs up

Looking like another successful Fayre.

A couple of early wrinkles ironed out by Phil and the room full of nice airgun related articles.

IMO the quality and condition of guns improves with each Fayre, quality sells. Bring and buy table did a brisk business.

Off to the Springer Bash now, but John (Johnbaz) I've taken some snaps and hope to get them up tomorrow.

It was also nice to meet so many BBS members (and former members) hope you all enjoyed it.

Ive just got back home and havent even sorted my stuff out yet. BRILLIANT day out and a pleasure to meet many fellow BBSers (Binners ) and ex members (Chris).

Got loads of stuff. I had to make three trips back to the car. No wonder my little legs are so short. Just off to fit my HW85 stock.

Looking forward to the next one.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Good to see you Ian and glad you had a good day

I sold 3 boxed Webley pistols, 3 scopes and many other items, so I had a good day

I saw quite a few bargains including a RB2 BSA Airsporter Stuzen in .177 in lovely condition and my pal Stan picked up a TX200 SR including a Whitetail Classic at well below what you would normally he expected to pay. Lucky boy

It was very well attended again and nice to see so many BBS faces

Well done to Nick and Phil and other club members who put in all the hard work

Enjoy the Springer Bash Nick, looks like it is going to be nice weather

John
    hold me back !!

Hi

Really enjoyed today, my son Harvey did also, he enjoyed picking the numbers for the raffle.

Good to meet quite a few bbs members and have a chat.

Got a nice falke 80 which I'm more than happy with, shoots very well indeed.

Just wish I had more funds, that hakim military trainer was superb, very nice.

Not sure if it sold.

Peter, pleasure to chat with you and your wife of course, may pop to bisley at some point.

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by barts101 View Post
    Hi

Really enjoyed today, my son Harvey did also, he enjoyed picking the numbers for the raffle.

Cheers

Dave
    So did I. He picked two of mine. Good lad.

The cherry on top of a great day.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thumbs up

It's the second year he's not picked any of my numbers, unbelievable.

He enjoyed his kit kat and fruit shoot as a thank you for doing the raffle.

Melbourne Men

Thank you all so much for staging this, now iconic event. The organisers seem to get younger every year... As you know, I am probably one of the furthest travellers to this event and the people most happy to see me are the local landlords, who haven't done so much trade in months!!!!! It has been said before, but it is very good to meet up with fellow saddos from the BBS, especially the banned ones (you know who you are)...... I hope the event raised a tidy sum for the given charity and look forward to seeing 'some' of you again...

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    ...Well done to Phil and other club members who put in all the hard work

Enjoy the Springer Bash Nick, looks like it is going to be nice weather

John
    Fixed it for you, Phil's done the vast majority of the organising, but good to see the membership turn out too...many hands make light work and all that.

Glad you had a successful day John. Business was brisk with lots of happy buyers and sellers from what I saw. Some bargains, lots of sensible pricing, some rarities and plenty of airguns in very good condition.

Springer Bash was great fun, plenty of shooting and banter. Just like it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Thank you all so much for staging this, now iconic event...
    Great to see you Pete. Thanks for making the effort, donating a generous raffle prize and doing your bit of "care in the community" with the mustachioed one!

Another great day again, sold a few guns to give me and the wife a bit of pocket money ,
    Time went so quick talking to the BBS members and public, it's the first time l didn't but a gun only a few bits.
    Many thanks to the new organisers and hope they will have another one later on in the year, and hope they raised a lot money.

I am very sad that I had to miss this, Britain's premier airgun collecting event, due to other commitments.

Airgun collecting fairs have done a great deal for the hobby of collecting by bringing enthusiasts together, encouraging the study of older airguns plus accessories and by facilitating the movement of collectables into the hands of people who appreciate them.

Please hold another one this year!