Thread: 5 (airgun related) things I could'n't give up.

5 (airgun related) things I could'n't give up.

Hello,

Here are 5 (airgun related) things I don't believe I could easily give up:

1. My collection of early British spring powered air pistols.

For the sheer pleasure I have gained over the years researching, finding, owning, and shooting them. Also, for the memories of my often misspent youth many of them evoke.

2. My admittedly smaller collection of early British spring powered air rifles.

For the same reasons as 1 above.

3. My growing collection of early British air gun accessories and ephemera.

For the help they provide in completing boxed sets and in dating items in the collections.

4. My modest library of air gun related books.

So that I can continue to learn from those who know much more than I ever will about collectable air guns.

5. My little ASUS Net book computer.

So that I can talk to you guys and share my enthusiasm with like minded anoraks.

Anybody else have a similar list ?

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 08-02-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello,

Here are 5 (airgun related) things I don't believe I could easily give up:

1. My collection of early British spring powered air pistols.

For the sheer pleasure I have gained over the years researching, finding, owning, and shooting them. Also, for the memories of my often misspent youth many of them evoke.

2. My admittedly smaller collection of early British spring powered air rifles.

For the same reasons as 1 above.

3. My growing collection of early British air gun accessories and ephemera.

For the help they provide in completing boxed sets and in dating items in the collections.

4. My modest library of air gun related books.

So that I can continue to learn from those who know much more than I ever will about collectable air guns.

5. My little ASUS Net book computer.

So that I can talk to you guys and share my enthusiasm with like minded anoraks.

Anybody else have a similar list ?

Regards

Brian
    Brian, no list as such but I'm increasingly reluctant to give up anything these days! Last year I moved on quite a few of what I suppose were 'dispensable' airguns, that I probably wouldn't have collected again if I hadn't bought them first time around (if you see what I mean).

The books, catalogues, brochures and accessories are not worth much individually, but as a collection are priceless to me, and would take years to put together again from scratch.

So my policy from now on is 'over my dead body' (or it means I'm desperate for cash).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I know what you mean gents. After a seriuos accident in 2007 and the resulting disability I had to give up work, my income more than halved, and the resulting work on car and other consimables like washing machines meant some of my collection had to go, do I regret selling them, oh yes just a bit