Thread: Webley Hurricane differences. (NOT the Turkish one!)

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.

Webley Hurricane differences. (NOT the Turkish one!)

As title, what are the differences?

Have two of these, one says "Hurricane" on the shroud, the other says "Webley Hurricane"

Both have slightly different triggers and slightly different front sights.

Which is earlier/later etc?? any obvious clues??

Just curious.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Hi Roy,

All Hurricanes were Birmingham made, only the Tempest has been reproduced in Turkey.
    The one with just 'Hurricane' on the fore end is the earlier of the two, and there were changes to the trigger throughout it's production, and possibly the front sight too.

As of approximately 1990, a change was made to the barrel mounting casting. The newer one is about 5/8" shorter, and has a much taller front sight blade.

Sometime around late 2000, or early 2001, a wide trigger was introduced to both the Hurricane and Tempest.

In the attached pics, the longer front barrel casting is the early one; the shorter one is the later one. The actual rifled barrel length is the same on both guns.
    In the muzzle end views, the left pic shows the older front sight, the right pic shows the newer, taller, front sight.
    Bottom pic shows the wide trigger.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...Variations.jpg

Hurricane

Thanks for that input, Leonard. I don't remember reading about those barrel and sight changes, so I've learned something new (again!) from the collectors' section.

Ian
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

All the German produced Webley pistols are far more accurate and reliable.

THAT I do know.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks for more useful info

Knew about the Hurricane/Webley Hurricane difference, but not about the trigger/ sight changes. I echo the thanks to this site.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardj View Post
    As of approximately 1990, a change was made to the barrel mounting casting. The newer one is about 5/8" shorter, and has a much taller front sight blade.

Sometime around late 2000, or early 2001, a wide trigger was introduced to both the Hurricane and Tempest.

In the attached pics, the longer front barrel casting is the early one; the shorter one is the later one. The actual rifled barrel length is the same on both guns.
    In the muzzle end views, the left pic shows the older front sight, the right pic shows the newer, taller, front sight.
    Bottom pic shows the wide trigger.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...Variations.jpg
    Thanks for the info fella!

And Jonesy.... behave yourself!!!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!