Thread: BP on the up and up?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BP on the up and up?

Is it just in my club where BP shooting is on the dramatic increase? I know I do tend to encourage new (full) members to put a BP pistol or rifle, or both, on their FAC app, but I'm finding that they are all keen to do it anyway.

When newcomers or even old lags are on the range I always to encourage them to have a blat with one of my BP guns and they all end up with the 'blackpowder grin'.

If it is a resurging pastime then it's time to get some comps going.

How's it going in other clubs?
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

My Colt Walker has got a few converts from the. 22 paper punchers
    Careful with that axe Eugene

Hi I'm in the Kent, and at my club BP/pyrodex is also on the up, a very good past time indeed.but of course the clean up after shooting is still a pain some like it some don't but its as you say increasing well at my club it is.Comps we do two which are the Ian Burdon league and K.C.S.S.A league
    Regards Frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero58 View Post
    Hi I'm in the Kent, and at my club BP/pyrodex is also on the up, a very good past time indeed.but of course the clean up after shooting is still a pain some like it some don't but its as you say increasing well at my club it is.Comps we do two which are the Ian Burdon league and K.C.S.S.A league
    Regards Frank
    Please explain clean up after shooting?

I clean my BP guns at home.

I've never encountered something that seems to be a theme here in UK about people 'not liking'' the variety of guns and/or shooting that goes one while they are shooting alongside. I find it very odd, TTTT. What's not to like? Do the detractors gather in a little mumbling/grumbling klatch while you are shooting? Or is there a general background rhubarb of mumbled mutterings? You do have some strange people in your various clubs, that's for sure. I pay a lot of money to be able to shoot my guns in a gun club, and so far I've never encountered anybody who 'doesn't like' the sight and sound of BP guns going off, with all the commotion that usually attends the occasion. Me, I'd take the grumblers to one side and advise them to lighten up or **** off to a club where they all wear grey pullovers and sandals with grey socks, wear pressed flannels and ties and talk about the good old days when beer was fourpence a pint and a gun license was two and six from the post office. Oh, and black powder was stuff they used to shoot in the old days...

tac

Hi Tac yes you are right in all you have said,but as I said some like the clean up after some don't ,i personally do like it in fact I'm a bit OTT.Still that's me.I think it is the times we live in every thing so slap dash they even clean there guns in a dish washer not every one,but some, well that's there thing.
    Not mine!!!
    Hope this post finds you well Tac, I'm now getting adverage of 70 with Rogers and Spencer which I'm very happy with that,but wrist is playing up at moment,so that may drop.Well take care
    Best Regaurds Frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

I wants to be more popular. The only issue is breathing the soot on indoor ranges. My club, and I guess many others, haven't got decent air-extraction yet to cope with Black Powder indoors.

When I shoot BP, I do get occasional nasty-daggers looks at me from a few.