Judging by the responses, and usual specifications on this gun, it appears I may have myself a mongrel.

So far it sounds as though the barrel is from a later pistol, the serial from an earlier, the grips from a later, and so on.. Maybe somebody got severely bored with various spare pieces hanging about! Thus, giving birth to Frankensenior.

Though I do wonder how it ended up in my possession, if someone went through the trouble of conjuring such a mixture. Perhaps it was sold as a "rarity" at one point, and somebody was duped into paying far more for it than generously worth? Either way I didn't break the bank for it, and it's actually a very nice gun to hold and shoot. I'd probably pay more for a worse gun!

I am likely going to sell it however, as I do have a newfound interest in air guns and targets, hunting etc. Should I aim to sell, I would look to help fund a lovely air rifle with it I'd imagine. It's just a shame that judging by its mixmatchery (Yes, I created this word just then), it may not fetch as much as another would.