Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look what I found!

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    On Monday I found and bought this http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=17 in a junky shop in Bowness on Windemere.
    When I home and had chance to read it I discovered there was very little if anything inside relating to air guns so that was a whole pound wasted. I shall pass it onto a fellow club member who has shown a past interest in firearms pistols. Who says I havent got a heart of gold?

ATB
    Ian
    Do you want your £1 back Ian?

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Do you want your £1 back Ian?

ATB
    Mike.
    Plus postage.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Plus postage.
    You will be known from now on as "Dodgy I. J."
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post

What is the legality status of a captive bolt gun by the way

ATB, Ed
    I've often wondered about this too, Ed. I've always assumed that the powder burner type cattle killers must be on ticket because of the live ammo they use, although presumably obsolete calibres fall under the antiques and curios rules. Mick Shepherd usually has a selection of these curious firearms, like this one.

But having seen Javier Barden's character roam around in No Country for Old Men murdering people with a compressed air-powered captive bolt device (while carrying the air bottle), I suppose they should all be on ticket!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I've often wondered about this too, Ed. I've always assumed that the powder burner type cattle killers must be on ticket because of the live ammo they use, although presumably obsolete calibres fall under the antiques and curios rules. Mick Shepherd usually has a selection of these curious firearms, like this one.

But having seen Javier Barden's character roam around in No Country for Old Men murdering people with a compressed air-powered captive bolt device (while carrying the air bottle), I suppose they should all be on ticket!
    AFAIK no licensing is required for blank cartridges.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    AFAIK no licensing is required for blank cartridges.
    Doh! I was thinking they fired live bullets but of course you're right.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    What an exceptionally rare item to find. It's now probably worth more than one of their pistols, particularly with it's box and paperwork.
    I think you are probably correct in your 'Weihrauch Pens' connection, although in those days such freebies were much more common from most manufacturers to their regular customers.
    When my Father was in practice, the amount of blotting cards, pens, pencils etc. that used to arrive from drugs companies and medical equipment suppliers was unbelievable. I've still got a few of the blotting cards.
    My experience also.Drug companies handed out heaps of freebies-especially in the golden age of drugs,the 1960s.At the end of my career I concluded,"drug companies give loads of car key-rings to doctors but they seem to give the cars to pharmacists!" I therefore advised my son to study pharmacy....