Thread: Crosman 2200 Magnum

Crosman 2200 Magnum

Hi Al,

it must be the spring weather but I am determined to clean up and repair some old guns from my collection. I have a 2200 Crosman Magnum thatdoes not pump air...any suggestions as to what part this could be? The Crosman fanpage on Facebook lists the parts as easy to obtain and pretty cheap but is that the case here in the UK?

Would I be better off letting my local gunshop do this or is it an easy fix? The main reason that I want this rifle in working order is I tried to save for a Whalley Crosman as a youth! Also if anyone knows of a 2200 with a wood stock I would be interested.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tr Robb had seals for mine,
    But I didn't do the work.

Laurie Armatruda did my Model 1 which is the same gun with a wood stock

It could be anything , from the pump seal ( they were always undersized), the main valve seal or the blow off valve. So full overhaul needed.
    Pete.

M....full overhaul needed was the last thing I wanted to hear despite knowing this was the case. Is there a supplier of parts or do you chaps go to Crosman? I will have a look at T R Robbs website later...the wood stocked version was awesome, I had one but its out on permenant loan damn it

Dont be put off, Laurie fixed mine for a very resonable price.

Maybe laurie should look at it. It would be nice to see it working. Thanks.

I came across this recently. It might help you get some idea of what the problem is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhY857ehUoY
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Lumberjack that is really useful thanks. It is saved to favourites.....I will watch again. should be on a sticky I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    I came across this recently. It might help you get some idea of what the problem is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhY857ehUoY
    thats a good link, thanks.

crosman 2200

Hello chaps , i have exactly the same problem. is there any body close to nottingham that could servise it , or tell me where to obtain parts from .
    Many thanks

I think parts are a bit of a problem, I joined the Crosman FB group maybe someone can advise us on ordering direct?

There is a strip guide in the Idiots Guide sticky.
    The blow off valve can give problems but is a relatively easy fix. Note that the main valve chamber is different between different models of the rifle. It may be possible to get a new valve chamber in the Uk (Chambers sell them ... or did) but if dealing by post you may have to send your old chamber away and have your purchase classed as a 'repair'. I did not want to do this. In the end I bought a new valve chamber from JG guns (?) in the USA ... fairly cheap including post, but it turned out to be the wrong chamber ... my fault as I was not aware at the time that different chambers were made for different markets. So I managed to repair the old one.
    Stripping and rebuild is relatively straightforward but a bit fiddly when rebuilding.

Cheers, Phil

Thanks Phil, I had no idea there was a sticky about the 2200, I should have looked there first! When it comes to Crosmans the valves seem very alien compared to an old spring rifle...I will give it a go though as I really want to get this rifle working again....then I can pretend its a Whalley Crosman

If it's simply not pumping air, the fix MIGHT be much simpler and cheaper than you think.

So, rather than perform a full strip at this point, replacing the pump head seal is a 5 minutes job. I think the pump seal should be the same as 766/2100 and 1377 pistols etc? So should be available from Gordon at G-Mac or Steve at SD Custom Design?

If you're really, REALLY lucky, you might just find that working some Pellgun Oil through it might also do the trick. Again, available from many sources.

If all that fails, then a full strip would be required, but at least you'll have tried the simpler solutions first.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this site earlier, but the US "Another Airgun Blog" has some very useful information.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!