Thread: Cadet Major value?

Cadet Major value?

Can anyone give me an idea of the value of this rifle, please. Might be selling it in a few months time to help fund another.

1949 Cadet Major. .177 cal. No bluing apart from trigger and trigger guard. Stock is in really nice condition with no cracks. Nice tight breach. Accurate and it shoots beautifully.

http://i1288.photobucket.com

Many thanks.

I gave £55 for a mint one, I was lucky on that one.

Oh dear that is depressing, well it is if your selling. You can pay £55 just for a silencer!
    ...Obviously, your highly delighted.

Cheers bud.

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Chris, these are the most consistently undervalued older gun IMHO, as not full power (Junior rifles excepting vintage BSA types always are cheaper). Same with the MK1 meteor. Anyhow I have seen a guy trying to sell a 100% original and clean example, with feint but complete visible etching for weeks now at £90 with no interest. I have seen examples that looked like new (true minters) struggle to make £125-30.

The sad fact is a complete original gun in good working order normally (in collector circles like on here) tops out at £65-80 max, very occasionally going a tad higher.

On dealers sites you can add £40-50 to the above, on Gstar they are in a world apart, and languish unsold for months at a time because they are £100 over the odds normally...It might be they do eventually sell to people who are unaware of their actual value, fair enough if you don't mind waiting.

Sorry if that's bad news, but also prices are depressed at the mo' and people will buy, but only at fair to low prices, or for exceptional condition guns.

ATB, Ed

Can't see the pics matey

Quote Originally Posted by chris.e View Post
    Oh dear that is depressing, well it is if your selling. You can pay £55 just for a silencer!
    ...Obviously, your highly delighted.

Cheers bud.
    dont be put off I was in the right place at the right time, there a seriously good rifle and vastly undervalued in my opinion.

I have a rusty example in the attic...guess its staying there then

I paid around £80 for one in reasonable condition and was more than happy with that because, as someone said above, I think they are undervalued relative to other vintage air rifles.

I was expecting £80-90 for a nice one.
    Looks like its gona be a keeper, which I don't mind anyway. Its good fun.

Thanks chaps!

Quote Originally Posted by chris.e View Post
    I was expecting £80-90 for a nice one.
    Looks like its gona be a keeper, which I don't mind anyway. Its good fun.

Thanks chaps!
    youre wellcome, and its only going to go up in value, so enjoy atb Dave.