Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Original 75 Special Wanted, Reward Offered

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Original 75 Special Wanted, Reward Offered

OK this has been posted before, about a year ago, but now I REALLY WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am searching so I can buy back an Original 75 that my wife used as a member of the GB National Squad, and it was used nationaly and internationaly. It is quite distinctive and if I see it or a good picture I can recognise it.

It is an early model Original 75 with out the adjustable cheek piece, it was extensively shortened (approx 2 in's or more?) the trigger had a longer alloy link to shorten the reach, and the trigger guard was skeletonised at the rear to clear the trigger. The cheek piece was built up with polystyrene and covered with grey suaude. The stock was covered with stickers, a large Great Britain National Squad sticker with a union flag on the right hand side of the rear stock, and equipment control stickers from the UK and Holland.

It was last known to be in the Norwich Norfolk area and was in the above condition, but that was 30 years ago. Since, the stickers may have been removed, but to lengthen it it would need a piece added so will still be distinctive, the trigger guard would probably have been left.

I want that original Original, I wish to buy it back, and I will also pay a £100 reward to any one who tracks it down. So you collectors! Hear's a project for you, and you can earn a bonus doing it!
    Contact robin.carter80@ntlworld.com please rather than a PM
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

£100 reward

Wow - a hundred quid just for finding your Model 75 rifle - now that has just got to get us all looking for it

I do hope our BBS members can find the rifle for you - I am sure they will let you know if they can find any information that could lead you to it - and the current owner will have a keen buyer too so it is a win-win situation.

Hopefully the rifle can be found and bought back at a fair price.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi there

I'm on it, let the hunt begin.

Dave

The hunt!

Thanks David
    I've emailed a picture and would love to pay out!
    Good luck
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks robin.

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll update you.

Cheers

Dave

Great news - we have at least one active "Sherlock" on the case - lets hope he gets lucky and claims the reward...unless somebody else gets there first

As I read this Bob (ZOOMA) is probably grafting away in his little shed at the bottom of the garden with one of his many Original 75s with his hack saw and files making a 'RobinC Original 75' look alike. Owt for the £100 reward with which he will get his Original pistol barrels straightened (again) or buy yet more spare parts for his Wobbly pistols. One day he will get one working.

Good luck with the search Robin but if Bobs mysteriously finds it - give it a good going over.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Copy?

Hmmm?
    If it's not found, and I've been searching for years the next stage will be a replica, after all I built the thing originaly! The big problem is the stickers, I have a couple of originals to use and the others would have to be replicated and I can't remember most!
    I've already asked the KNSA (Holland), the Intershoot organisers and they are great and searching for some old EC stickers as she shot in the first three Intershoots.
    I'd just be happy to get the stock back, the rest is easy to replicate and I can remember all the mods that I did on the trigger. Perhaps some one bought it and just used the action on an "as new" restoration, so that may be about separatly?

I seem to remember reading in one of the classic bike magz that if you can produce a colour photo of any sticker certain companies can reproduce it. If they can do it for bikes .......

HTH
    Ian

stickers

Thanks Ian
    the problem is I can't remember what many of them were, and the only pic is a black and white with no detail.
    Just off to Bisley in a few minutes for what could be her last Championships, 42 years after the first, if any one's there look us up, I'm the tired old fart carrying the bags and Rifle for the Lady who shoots in the purple and pink shooting kit!

No Sign

Not a peep yet, this is quite distinctive, surely if it had been sold some one would remember even if it was a time ago, perhaps its still in a loft or cabinet somewhere in Norfolk?

Thanks to IJ all that time chopping lumps off of a Model 75 stock ( in the shed at the end of my garden) seems to have been a waste of time.

Now I have been rumbled I will have to start looking for the "original" one again I suppose.

Does IJ have this rifle?

IJ has so many air rifles in his collection there is even a possibility that he has this rifle buried deep under many hundreds of others and does not remember acquiring it all those years ago.:roll eyes:

Lots of air rifles go into the IJ vault, but very few ( if any) ever see the light of day again and make an escape into the free world.

Naturally I will enjoy starting this rumour and think it will at least get this topic back on the front page and hope that one of us can find this much loved and modified old Model 75 and grab the one hundred quid that Robin is eager to give to the finder.

......if it does turn up in the IJ cave I would like to claim the reward

Just biding my time and waiting for the reward to increase.

Sorry but I cant help with this one because I only have a Mod 65 (leftie) in my collection.

I do remember a member on here a few years ago asking about a certain BSA Mercury S and stating the serial number. Beggar me - I had it.
    Last edited by I. J.; 04-03-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

I do remember a member on here a few years ago asking about a certain BSA Mercury S and stating the serial number. Beggar me - I had it.
    No surprise there then - you almost have a stranglehold on the UK stocks of used and collectible air rifles - more surprising might be the serial number of a rifle that you do not have in your collection .

....unless GeeGee and Black Bess got there first