Thread: Original 75 Special Wanted, Reward Offered

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Original 75 Special Wanted, Reward Offered

OK this has been posted before, about a year ago, but now I REALLY WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am searching so I can buy back an Original 75 that my wife used as a member of the GB National Squad, and it was used nationaly and internationaly. It is quite distinctive and if I see it or a good picture I can recognise it.

It is an early model Original 75 with out the adjustable cheek piece, it was extensively shortened (approx 2 in's or more?) the trigger had a longer alloy link to shorten the reach, and the trigger guard was skeletonised at the rear to clear the trigger. The cheek piece was built up with polystyrene and covered with grey suaude. The stock was covered with stickers, a large Great Britain National Squad sticker with a union flag on the right hand side of the rear stock, and equipment control stickers from the UK and Holland.

It was last known to be in the Norwich Norfolk area and was in the above condition, but that was 30 years ago. Since, the stickers may have been removed, but to lengthen it it would need a piece added so will still be distinctive, the trigger guard would probably have been left.

I want that original Original, I wish to buy it back, and I will also pay a £100 reward to any one who tracks it down. So you collectors! Hear's a project for you, and you can earn a bonus doing it!
    Contact robin.carter80@ntlworld.com please rather than a PM
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

£100 reward

Wow - a hundred quid just for finding your Model 75 rifle - now that has just got to get us all looking for it

I do hope our BBS members can find the rifle for you - I am sure they will let you know if they can find any information that could lead you to it - and the current owner will have a keen buyer too so it is a win-win situation.

Hopefully the rifle can be found and bought back at a fair price.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi there

I'm on it, let the hunt begin.

Dave

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

The hunt!

Thanks David
    I've emailed a picture and would love to pay out!
    Good luck
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks robin.

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll update you.

Cheers

Dave

Great news - we have at least one active "Sherlock" on the case - lets hope he gets lucky and claims the reward...unless somebody else gets there first
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.