Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Original 75 Special Wanted, Reward Offered

Just a thought Robin. Isn't there any photos of you in the national squad holding the rifle? It would give you an idea what stickers were on it.

Re John GeeGee and Black Bess. They get given their rifles were as I have to beg and plead for mine.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

No reply?

No reply from any of the "sherlocks"?
    Some one must have it some where.

Love the little Suzuki sports car by the way Ian, I've got a "sunny days only" tuned and mapped Brabus smart sports car with only 10K miles on it, great fun, and a collection of Italian bikes, Gilera's and a Guzzi, I think ownership of Italian bikes is called masochism!
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Hearing from you today reminded me to check to see if you have had any luck in finding your wife's old Model 75 yet.

Finding it buried so deep in the queue suggest that you have not - so I hope this thread is seen by somebody new that may not have read it before and that in turn helps to make them wealthy by finding it for you
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Nothing

Hi Bob
    Not a peep! and theres me wanting to give away money!

I think its either sat in a cupboard or long gone and been "restored" and is now sadly just another as new Original 75.

I live in hope, and a replica is not the same.

Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Have you had to give that reward money away yet?

Being a late arrival to this thread, I can only presume that your search is as yet unsuccessful Robin. I think I would be looking to produce a copy by now. I am genuinely shocked that Herr Jones does not possess an example within the Blackburn airgun vaults. There is always a first time I suppose!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Hi Robin,
    There's one on Free Adds at the moment, it looks like the fore end has been shortened as it doesn't fill the box, no stickers but these could have been removed. The gun is in Stourbridge and the contacts name is Darren Call Darrenm on 07036 226577.

A long shot I know but worth a look.

Not the one

Thanks Andy and Darren
    No, that's not the one, its a tad later and also is full length, but if any one is after one that one is really nice, almost mint, complete, and worth getting.

I could build a replica, but its the hassle of finding a very early model, doing the work, tracing or making stickers, and then its still just a replica and not the real one. And as soon as I'd finished it the real one would turn up!!

It must be out there some where, its quite distinctive, not just the stock shorter, the trigger reach has been quite dramatically shortened, I'll ask a friend to post a picture again.

Keep looking guys, I'd love to pay up!
    Good Shooting
    Robin

Robin,
    No worries, there's a few people now with their ears to the ground.

I'd also try Airgun Forum and Shooting the Breeze, you just never know, I'm sure it's just sitting there gathering dust.

Have you tried enquires around the area where you sold it, if you PM me I may have some suggestions that could help.

Kind regards

Andy

Search

Thanks Andy
    I have traced back through who we sold it too, they sold it a couple of years later to a club member, who, they don't remember, other than it was a "young lad". As it was in the mid 80's they are probably now 50 plus! The club is Norwich City TC so its likely to still be in the Norwich or Norfolk area if it still exists.

I've searched club records to try and get a clue and none fit or know. My wife and I are quite well known in target circles and there are many people (on this forum and out side it) who know about it and have an ear to the ground and have feelers out on various search avenues, but so far nothing.

I'd be delighted to pay out the reward, my fear is that its been "restored" back to standard by some one who has no idea of the history of it, but it could be sat in a cupboard or cabinet (or loft!) of some one with no interest, and it could stay there for some time, but lets hope it surfaces.

If you or any one else would like a pic of it just e mail me on robin.carter80@ntlworld.com

Good Shooting
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 29-04-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Thank you

Just a "thanks" to the many people who have contacted me and are now looking for this unique 75, If it is at all possible I'm sure some one will find it.

We are not collectors, my wife shot this one competitively at the highest level when it was new and it would be nice to get it back, as she still has the one that followed it, a Walther LGR Junior prototype, and is still shooting competitive 10mt air rifle now using a Walther LG400 Junior special.

At the time she liked the 75 so much that she had a replica stock made for her fullbore rifle, and got through to the final of the Queens Prize with it in '79, and got her picture in "Guns Review" with it, (wonder where that rifle is now? No! Its enough hassle trying to find the air rifle!)

For the real collectors, the one we are looking for is possibly the first into the UK and the very earliest variant, since starting this search I have discovered how many variants there are!

Thanks again Guys, keep looking,
    Good Shooting
    Robin

"I could build a replica, but its the hassle of finding a very early model, doing the work, tracing or making stickers, and then its still just a replica and not the real one. And as soon as I'd finished it the real one would turn up!!"

Your comment above could just be the bait that is needed - you make a replica and like a number three bus another one will arrive soon after.......and that could be the one you want

Has this "lost treasure been found yet?

Still Looking

This is my annual ask, if any one has seen this rifle? There must new members since the last ask.

It is quite distinctive and easily identified, and I can send pictures by email if any one thinks they may know.

The finders reward of £100 still stands to any one who can find this rifle.

Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 17-02-2016 at 11:37 AM.

I've been looking for this 75 for a couple of years now, even considered put the butt of one in the log splitter & adding a few stickers.

ATB Dave