Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Original 75 Special Wanted, Reward Offered

I would have thought the £100 finders fee would have been claimed by now !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

At the risk of asking the obvious have you thought about placing an advert in the airgun magazines or indeed the local press? What about the local gunshops etc?

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    At the risk of asking the obvious have you thought about placing an advert in the airgun magazines or indeed the local press? What about the local gunshops etc?
    Thats a good idea!

I wonder if Airgun World would be interested in this story?

The Model 75 shot by Pam was used internationally and the modifications you made to it make it unique so it would make a very good story and could help jog somebody's memory that may in turn lead to un-earthing your long lost "special".

There is always the chance that the current owner does not want to part with it BUT at you would know where it was and that would at least put your mind at rest as you would know it is "safe". If this should be the case I have a "mint" condition Model 75 that you could offer as a swap if that would help!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Thanks Andy
    I have traced back through who we sold it too, they sold it a couple of years later to a club member, who, they don't remember, other than it was a "young lad". As it was in the mid 80's they are probably now 50 plus! The club is Norwich City TC so its likely to still be in the Norwich or Norfolk area if it still exists.

I've searched club records to try and get a clue and none fit or know. My wife and I are quite well known in target circles and there are many people (on this forum and out side it) who know about it and have an ear to the ground and have feelers out on various search avenues, but so far nothing.

I'd be delighted to pay out the reward, my fear is that its been "restored" back to standard by some one who has no idea of the history of it, but it could be sat in a cupboard or cabinet (or loft!) of some one with no interest, and it could stay there for some time, but lets hope it surfaces.

If you or any one else would like a pic of it just e mail me on robin.carter80@ntlworld.com

Good Shooting
    Robin
    Why not just post a picture on this thread? Surely that is more likely to jog the memory of others than just those who have to email you for a picture. If you are not able to do so, just email it to me and I'll stick it up for you.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Thanks Guys

It's this time of year it crops up and reminds me, at the time of Intershoot (last week end), she shot it at the Intershoot International, in Den Haag, Holland in 1978. She actually shot as British Pistol Club, as the GB rifle team did not enter, I was going, she wanted to go, so the BPC entered her in the rifle event! It was her first International, she shot again in 1980 as a member of the GB ladies team and they won the silver in the team event, her first International medal, so that Original has some nostalgia attached to it!

I've tried all the local shops, clubs, etc, and every route I can think of. I think its sat in a loft some where. BUT!!!!

Yesterday a name came out of my head, funny the ways these things happen, just out of the ether after 30 years! I remembered a young lad who was a member of our club 30 years ago, who we coached, We even built him a special rifle, and he always drooled over Pam's rifle. We think he was still in the club when we moved on, and I wonder if he was the "young lad" who bought it?
    He was German and fortunately had a very distinctive name, yesterday I spent hours on the internet and eventually found his name and current address on a list of company directors!
    So a letter has now just gone off to him, Its a long shot, but worth a try!

I'll let you know what comes of it!

Paul I've sent the pic to you, thanks!

Have Fun,

Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 18-02-2016 at 11:10 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Click here for a picture of the gun (and lady) in question.

Good luck, Robin.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Still no luck

The latest lead has fallen flat, although we've made contact with some one we have not seen or spoken to for 30 years, so its not all bad!

So its still out there, and the reward is still awaiting.

Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Just checked another dozen or so on e gun. Don't think it's there either.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Just checked another dozen or so on e gun. Don't think it's there either.
    Its probably still in the UK - somewhere

thanks lookers!

To those looking, consider that it may been de stickered (very likely).,

It was very short, so it is likely to have had length added but that should be distinctive.

The mods to bring the trigger rearward with a longer alloy link may still exist even if the trigger has been set more forward, and look to see if the trigger guard has been skeletonised as its unlikely that some one would replace the trigger guard, not even sure if a new one would be available.

Thanks for searching Guys, nothing would give us greater pleasure that paying out.

Have fun and Good shooting,
    Robin

Last Try!

OK, this is the last try on a search that has been going on for 5 years, I have tried every possible route and now have near enough given up, but one last go as some new enthusiast from Norfolk may have joined.

Read the description, Its (was!!) very short, it is (was?) very distinctive, the stock, the trigger guard, the stickers, it may have been altered so may need more detective work to identify.

Please Email me for pics if you think you have a lead.

It was one of the first 75's into the country, and its had an intersting competition career (as has its original owner!), if you have seen it, or have a clue, I'd love to get it back what ever the condition, and I'd love to reward the finder.

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    OK, this is the last try on a search that has been going on for 5 years, I have tried every possible route and now have near enough given up, but one last go as some new enthusiast from Norfolk may have joined.

Read the description, Its (was!!) very short, it is (was?) very distinctive, the stock, the trigger guard, the stickers, it may have been altered so may need more detective work to identify.

Please Email me for pics if you think you have a lead.

It was one of the first 75's into the country, and its had an intersting competition career (as has its original owner!), if you have seen it, or have a clue, I'd love to get it back what ever the condition, and I'd love to reward the finder.

Robin
    Robin I've put a sticky on your quest on my Diana forum here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/67395...age/1480684572

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Sorry, Robin, but I think I recently deleted the picture from my Dropbox, so anyone clicking on the link further up the thread, will get an error message.

If you want me to host it again, please email it to me.

All the best,
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

last ditch effort

I have now aquired a suitable doner 75 to build a replica, BUT, it will be just a replica, so just one last plea, out there some where is a shortened and modded, stickered (or perhaps now de stickered?) Original 75, its not subtle, the stock was sawn off just behind the cheek piece, the wood is getting on for 2 in shorter!

I know its not being used by a regular target shooter, so is likely in the hands of a collector, or just sat in a loft or cupboard.

Collectors, and especially any in Norfolk where it was sold, I will not (ireversibly) start this project until the summer, if you can find this gun I'll swap a restored and near enough mint example and £100 for the return of the original.

This is the last effort, now get searching, and asking please.

email me for pictures if you think you may have a clue.

Best of Luck
    Robin