Thread: Digital caliper heads up.....

Digital caliper heads up.....

hope this helps someone.......good quality and well built these and for the price.....

>> clicky <<

ATVB

Gary
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Tank is offline Fat things go slowly up hills
    Cheers G, need some new ones.
    'What is the most frustrating thing about Police work?',(Commandant Lassard)
    'Not being able to carry hand grenades Sir',(Tackleberry).

Identical to mine I got from aldi or lidl last year can't remember what I paid for em though
    BASC member. Air Arms S200 mk3 .22. Cz 455 Thumbhole Varmint 22lr
    Weihrauch hw60 222

cheers boys........123 views.....

good ol BBS
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Quote Originally Posted by VERMINPB View Post
    Identical to mine I got from aldi or lidl last year can't remember what I paid for em though
    I picked up one recently from Aldi; it's only 8 thou out compared to my M&W micrometer on a 38mm bar. Near enough for some folks.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Nice link thanks 👍
    Regards,
    Dave.

cheers Gary

just asked the wife to get me a set

Cheers getting back into reloading and I can't find my old set.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by sidesy View Post
    hope this helps someone.......good quality and well built these and for the price.....

>> clicky <<

ATVB

Gary
    Just ordered a set mate thanks for taking the time to post this link its most appreciated.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Having had a relatively cheap digital caliper, I feel there's just too many variables with them.

After mine broke I ordered this:
    http://www.chronos.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/sh...rs.html#aDCM04

and, so far, I'm rather impressed. Extremely repeatable.

Would like a set of Mitutoyos, but that's not happening.

I've had 3 of those digital calipers from Aldi/Lidl and none of them lasted more than a year. I would highly recommend a dial caliper. Even the cheap plastic reloading ones are OK but look on the bay for a proper steel one. It will last you a lifetime and you'll often pick them up for £20.00 or even less. I think I paid £35.00 for a second hand Mitutoyo.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Mine arrived the other day and I am well pleased with it for the money, plenty accurate enough for what I want. I suppose if you used one every day for your job it might be worth spending more but for how often I use one it should last ages.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

I bought a "Moore & Wright" basic range digital caliper about 18 months back and I think it's significantly more accurate and consistent than the Aldi one that I used to have. The Aldi would need re-zeroing every 3 or 4 times I used it, whereas the M&W hardly ever does - and after checking it on known test pieces I'm quite happy to trust it to its 1/2 thou resolution. I think it was about 25 quid, and I reckon a good buy. For most work quite adequate and much quicker and easier than a Vernier.

I put the name in quotes because I know they were made in China, not Sheffield - but I think the inspection standard justifies the name.

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)