Quote Originally Posted by taz2 View Post
I have this, and it is pretty good on predicting MVs etc. I might add that you see these speeds published, which seem a bit 'rapid' for reality, especially on American forums. I guess they were shot at 3000 ASL in mid 80's temperatures---that sure will bump up the speeds!
Not exactly Bisley in February is it?
As to different barrels etc, well, your pretty much stuck with what you've got, so probably it's a bit academic.
However, I reckon you would get on better with a decent reloading manual and a good chronograph.
Then something like Strelok or similar, which is free,, to take care of the 'come-ups'.
There's loads of info, loads and bullet data available on the wonder web. All you need is a speed and BC
for your load in your rifle, and the world's your lobster!!
Regards,
David
Thanks David. I have a good chrono and several reloading manuals. I also use Strelok which is great for the 'come ups' - very accurate indeed. As you say, the Americans do seem to achieve some high speeds. I'm finding that lighter loads and slower speeds are more accurate in the .308, but I'm still curious about what added value 'Quickload' could provide.