Thread: Help ID a used pistol rifle-stock

Help ID a used pistol rifle-stock

Anyone help ID this Brass & wood pistol shoulder/rifle stock?

It only has 'Made in Italy' stamped inside it.

Hope it would fit my Uberti Dragoon, but that pistol is too wide.

A nice stock, but which guns would fit?

http://i62.tinypic.com/10f2l8o.jpg

They were for the Remington style repro revolvers ,They have a notch in the base of the grip frame for the screw hook and extended screw's out the side of the action that the slot's in the shoulder stock engages onto.

Thanks, nice, I was considering an 1858 next.

Pietta, Uberti or both have the cut milled for this?

I have the 1858 pietti Remington I don't have the recess for this shoulder stock

I think there are tow types of shoulder stock available. One has cheese head screws on the frame near the grips that the stock slots onto. I think the one you have is that type.
    The other one I have seen has the screws built into the stock and you remove the ones in the frame and screw in the stock screws in their place.

If you have a pistol that does not have cheese head screws you might be able to buy them and put them in yourself.

Thanks.

On this topic, I know the 3rd Model of Dragoon copy by Uberti is often described as cut for a stock, but I haven't seen a Uberti Stock for sale. I imagine they have them, but haven't found any yet.

I think these stocks are pretty cool to have, nothing to do with Lee Van Cleef of course...

I could sell you one

For a Dragoon ?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnBall View Post
    For a Dragoon ?
    No idea but it's for a cap and ball revolver

if your considering selling or someone has one for a remington id be very intrested as ive moderised one and would like to try a shoulder stock.

Had word back from Uberti no less.

No longer making shoulder stocks, as they say, 'not enough interest'.

Nooooooo!!!

If enough of us had interest, wonder if they would do a run? Would definitely like to see some made again, and especially for the 3rd Model Dragoon, that has the power to be a fantastic carbine-on-demand. Heck I'd pay the real price for some nice wood too. Nice bright silver-plate? you bet!

Failing a re-run of production, could we take some mouldings of the metalwork of existing stocks, and have some cast up new in brass? When you see what chaps are achieving now in their sheds with the affordable lathes and other superb kit available to the hobbyist, why not?

I bet in 5 years, we will just print our own. In metal.

I did fit my 18-inch barrel 1873 Buntline (metallic cartridge) with a shoulder-stock recently. The boost to accuracy has to be experienced first hand, I mean sub 1-inch at 25 yards is toffee. Just for interest, with the same load, the Point-Of-Impact was a 6 inch lower at 25 yards with the shoulder-stock fitted.

[Edit] - I would add though, that with the more powerful loads, being so close to the noisy end of the revolver, they do spit back bits of powder and lead particles into the shooter's cheeks area, they can really sting... so you absolutely MUST have shooting glasses on with a carbine pistol, preferably wrap-around style. Even then, with powerful loads, it can be scary. I much prefer much reduced mild loads with the 1873 as a carbine.