Thread: Airsporter MK1 query

Airsporter MK1 query

I have just inherited a Airsporter MK1 in .177 i already have a .22 MK1 but this one appears to be shorter ?.

BSA Club

If the cylinder is shorter than the Mk 1 in .22 then it is therefore the BSA Club rather than Airsporter Club
    These are splendid air rifles and quite desirable
    john
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 20-02-2015 at 11:24 AM. Reason: addition
    hold me back !!

Ok thanks and yes cylinder is shorter.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    If the cylinder is shorter than the Mk 1 in .22 then it is therefore the BSA Club rather than Airsporter Club
    These are splendid air rifles and quite desirable
    john
    As John says (you lucky devil)...These are hard to find and worth a fair bit more than the .22 MK1's. Would love to see some info and photos (serial number prefix letters will date it);

E..... Club .177 1948 - 1950

EA... Airsporter/Club .177 1950 - 1954

EB... Airsporter MK I .177 1955 - 1957

EC.. Airsporter MK I .177 1956 - 1962

ED.. Airsporter MK I/MK II .177 1959

(From J.Knibb's ''what is my BSA'')

You cannot put photos direct on here, you have to link to a host site like flikr / photobucket etc. (or send them to me if you don't have an account and I will do it for you, email in my profile if you click on my username).

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    As John says (you lucky devil)...These are hard to find and worth a fair bit more than the .22 MK1's. Would love to see some info and photos (serial number prefix letters will date it);

E..... Club .177 1948 - 1950

EA... Airsporter/Club .177 1950 - 1954

EB... Airsporter MK I .177 1955 - 1957

EC.. Airsporter MK I .177 1956 - 1962

ED.. Airsporter MK I/MK II .177 1959

(From J.Knibb's ''what is my BSA'')

You cannot put photos direct on here, you have to link to a host site like flikr / photobucket etc. (or send them to me if you don't have an account and I will do it for you, email in my profile if you click on my username).

ATB, Ed

Have not got a digital camera at mo Ed but condition looks like the one on your flikr site and is E prefix.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisaka View Post
    Have not got a digital camera at mo Ed but condition looks like the one on your flikr site and is E prefix.
    Sounds like a good original example then. If it has the sight hood / bakelite pistol grip plug present, and no stock cracks then you are looking at £200 easy, £250 to the right buyer I would say. I paid £190 for mine which has all the bits and very feint etching and was very happy...It's a tack driver too accuracy wise and runs at the mid / high 9 foot pound mark.

(now has a PH sport target correct Airsporter unit on as well ).

ATB, ED

i have handled one of these E prefix clubs and it seemed somewhat daintier than the normal mk1.it would be nice to see the two types laid side by side for comparison. atb

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Sounds like a good original example then. If it has the sight hood / bakelite pistol grip plug present, and no stock cracks then you are looking at £200 easy, £250 to the right buyer I would say. I paid £190 for mine which has all the bits and very feint etching and was very happy...It's a tack driver too accuracy wise and runs at the mid / high 9 foot pound mark.

(now has a PH sport target correct Airsporter unit on as well ).

ATB, ED
    Yes has Bakelite plug and foresight protector and slight crack although nothing serious.