Thread: Vulcan valuation & advice please

Vulcan valuation & advice please

Good evening gentlemen

I have what some research reveals to be quite an unusual rifle in some respects. It is .177, carbine, serial no908425. I would describe the woodwork as two-tone, the front section being darker, seperated by a mother of pearl inlay and the barrel has a carbon fibre effect wrapping. Generally good condition, there is a two inch crack on the underside of the stock which does not affect the operation, around 10.5 ft lbs on my chrono . There are no open sights but it groups well scoped. No-one I have shown it to has seen anything similar, so i assume the original owner was a woodworking enthusiast or cabinet maker.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...rdsa2002/1.jpg

I appreciate any comments, thanks.
    Andy

I would value it at less than what a .177 mk2 vulcan would command in the same condition - £40.

the carbon wrap is a can of worms - whats underneath?
    the photo isnt great, so we cant see the workmanship, but mother of pearl is really more suited to guitars - its a matter of taste on a gun, so I would count that as a devalue point.
    the fact its a .177 helps slightly because you tend to see many many more .22 but going by what I see its not something that a collector would go for..

Im just chipping in my 2p worth - my advice is, if you are selling, stick it up on facebook and really sell it in the description - you might find someone that absolutely loves this sort of quirky look.
    Donald

Found a buyer thanks for input.