Thread: Scope for Benchrest 25-50-100

Scope for Benchrest 25-50-100

Bit of a minefield out there. Can some kind person recommend a quality scope for my Anschutz 1813. I understand it is possible to get the quick fit type.

Quote Originally Posted by V7MDA View Post
    Bit of a minefield out there. Can some kind person recommend a quality scope for my Anschutz 1813. I understand it is possible to get the quick fit type.
    Depends on how much you want to spend. You'll be looking at, these days, a minimum of x40 magnification, maybe up to x60. Quality magnification like this is not cheap, and will certainly cost you as much as your rifle, maybe more.

Sure, you can buy cheap, but cheap and long-lasting quality are not necessarily possible in the same item.

Dunno what you mean by 'quick-fit type'...explain, please. My older Anschutz has a VERY short dovetail on the back of the receiver, to take the diopter sights, but nowhere near enough to put a rail on. No doubt more modern rifles are different, but.......

tac

weaver 36x made for bench rest shooting,got one on my 1813 which I use at all the ranges you want to use yours at.

but as above it depends on how much you want to spend

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Another vote for the Weaver T36 but get the target dot ret. I have a doubler for mine which is a way to squeeze extra out of it mag wise.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Thanks chaps for the replies. Having spent some time in the research what to use on my 1813. I have had a look at second hand Leupold Target type cost s/h about £450 average New £900. My research has led me to a new Weaver T36 I just feel a lot happier with a new scope. On my MPR-FT I have a new Sightron S11 which I find a very nice scope to shoot with. I am now looking at buying a good front benchrest looks like the Italian type sold by Intershoot. A few years ago I had a Rock competition but been advised that this is old hat nowadays.
    Last edited by Mac42; 12-03-2015 at 07:17 AM.
    Anschutz 1913. .22lr - Big Nikko. TX200.177 Mk3 Ultimate
    Taurus 357 LBR. Taurus .22 LBR BSA .22 RF Martini International Mk3.
    Marlin 357 original JM.