Thread: Posting powder in the UK

Posting powder in the UK

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of advice from you lovely people. I sold 3 of my rifles at the weekend along with all of my reloading gear as a job lot. I'm very sad to see it go but who knew having kids took up so much of your time! Anyway, the guy picked it all up on Sunday but I forgot to give him the two tubs of smokeless powder I had. Since these are worth £50+ he said I should post it to him and let him know how much the postage cost. However, I'm having trouble finding anyone who will confirm they handle it or give me a simple quote. He's only 100 miles away but neither of us can spare the 4 hours rounds trip to collect / deliver.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Maybe which courier definitely handles it and a rough idea of prices? Obviously if it is going to cost anywhere close to £50 he may as well buy new.

Thanks in advance for the help guys. It's good to be back on these forums after so long.

Max

£25-£30 and you might have to have an account, might be easier to meet half way
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Quote Originally Posted by pbranthwaite View Post
    £25-£30 and you might have to have an account, might be easier to meet half way
    Yep, either meet halfway or sell it to someone else locally and refund him the proceeds.

Cost you more than powders worth and you need to have a hazard account with the courier

As far as I know the only people that will transport gunpowder without any issues are TNT

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fudd View Post
    As far as I know the only people that will transport gunpowder without any issues are TNT
    Surely a coincidence there?
    Buckle
    Proud member of The YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club

Z1 Owners Club GB Wanted: Nothing at present!

Yes TNT £30 fee
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

what powder you got