Thread: Airgun Collection for Sale - Value?

Airgun Collection for Sale - Value?

Hi,
    well, it's taken me a while but here's the first of a long list of Airguns that I am selling on behalf of a local family....

I don't know where to start, so help on valuations would be appreciated?

Prefer collection from SL6 area or Bisley.

Pistols First.. rifles to follow...

1) Webley Premier Mk II .177 serial num 54

2) B.S.A. Scorpion .22 serial num 9534

3) Webley Junior .177 serial num 141

4) Webley Senior .177

5) Webley Premier .22 serial num 317

6) Boxed El Gamo Centre Target .177

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Nocrimp

To get any meaningful response you need to add some quality pictures and a better description,as condition and originality are everything when it comes to value.
    There is a guide in the stickies at the top of the section on how to host pictures.
    HTH

My advice is that without pictures valuation can't be accurate enough.
    Put the pictures on a host site like photobucket, and do three or four at a thread, otherwise it gets a mess.
    Plus the Collectors Section are pretty good at this.

The Webleys are the ones that are likely to bring the most money subject to condition.
    This is why photos are best.

The Scorpion £100
    The Gamo £50
    Assuming working and reasonable order.

I agree with the need for piccys also are there any boxes or literature that goes with them, all adds to interest and value.

By the way, the Scorpion serial number should have two letters with it, they are important to a collector.

Oh and the Webley numbers are batch numbers not serial numbers.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Hi nocrimp....
    I believe you probably have quite a task on here if doing to help another family so can i suggest - take a batch photo of all of them as a quick reference - and then put up pics of each one as a request for info comes in? Photos are vital - its all about condition.

PS: the webley numbers you quoted are probably from the front of the barrel and are batch numbers. The serial number may well be under the LH grip on the frame (ie you need to take the grip off).

ALSO: if there are loads - you may need to consider taking to an auction house? If still 'up on the internet' - have a look at the catalogue from this recent 'Sporting Sale' at Bearnes Hampton and Littlewood as an example. Should be available for a little while. This link should take you to the air gun section (if it doesn't get scrambled):
    http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/se...es+and+Pistols

best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    Hi nocrimp....
    I believe you probably have quite a task on here if doing to help another family so can i suggest - take a batch photo of all of them as a quick reference - and then put up pics of each one as a request for info comes in? Photos are vital - its all about condition.

PS: the webley numbers you quoted are probably from the front of the barrel and are batch numbers. The serial number may well be under the LH grip on the frame (ie you need to take the grip off).

ALSO: if there are loads - you may need to consider taking to an auction house? If still 'up on the internet' - have a look at the catalogue from this recent 'Sporting Sale' at Bearnes Hampton and Littlewood as an example. Should be available for a little while. This link should take you to the air gun section (if it doesn't get scrambled):
    http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/se...es+and+Pistols

best of luck
    All post war Webley numbers are batch numbers, no need to take the grips off.

They stopped serial numbering them after the war for some reason. Refer to Bruce.

Put your pics up on a site like photobook in folders, maybe 3 or 4 of each gun, and allow access to each folder against each offer. Makes sense(?).
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .