Hi,

I have a Westlake Alfa MLR and I have two cylinders. Not had it for long, but boy does it get dirty quick.

I have been through a number of different ways of trying to clean these but nothing seems to be perfect.

The most successful so far is the dishwasher, seems to be the least effort and gets them clean enough, but still not perfect. Some careful work with a small wire brush gets a lot out as well, but what I find most annoying are the burn marks on the face and especially at the rear where the primers are.

I remembered the other day my Mum used to clean the stainless tea pot we had by dropping in a couple of steradent (denture cleaning) tablets and leaving it over night, I still do this on stainless flasks, gets them really clean.

So I tried it, put both cylinders into a small jug, warm water and a couple of tablets, left for 24 hours.

When I removed them, although the water had gone a nice dark brown, the cylinders did not look any cleaner, so I gave a rinse off in hot water, some washing up liquid and a tooth brush…. OMG, these cylinders have never been so clean, not a burn mark any ware, absolutely spotless…

OK, I am not going to go through this process every time, but now and then just to get them back to new.

Don’t think I would try this on a blued cylinder, but on stainless it works a treat.

Dave