Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: side levers

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    thanks for your inputt, will have to choose to differ on that.
    Me too.Fattman your bang on the button or may i say tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Have you seen what this Polish guy does with the 48/52: http://www.guntuning.com/content.php...id=78&lang=eng

Mauser K-98 replica?? I'm not sure whether I love it or hate it...
    Well, I hadn't seen it but my minds easily made up on that one, yuk!!!

Prefer mine

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...diana52003.jpg
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Have you seen what this Polish guy does with the 48/52: http://www.guntuning.com/content.php...id=78&lang=eng

Mauser K-98 replica?? I'm not sure whether I love it or hate it...
    Its different, and has a fan of the real kar98 I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Well, I hadn't seen it but my minds easily made up on that one, yuk!!!

Prefer mine

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...diana52003.jpg
    YUK! Your stock has less curves that the garden trailer pictured in the background!

I prefer mine: http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps587c968d.jpg

Is that 'thing' of yours short-stroked or anything?

YUK! Your stock has less curves that the garden trailer pictured in the background!

nice stock, whos work is it

Stock

nice stock, whos work is it
    they are nice ,their made by custom stocks of Sheffield for a early model of the 52 called the original classic 52 from 80s .
    The special edition t h walnut 52 was obviously a limited special collaboration between importer frank dyke and dianawerk .
    The were stamped with a different lettering to other 48/52 models as "original " classic 52 .

Earlier stocks were as with most better wood grade.

I'm lead to believe they were french walnut .

It is likely that these stocks were purchased from cs at the time for 52 enthusiasts as two so far I know of arnt the frank dyke special edition models.

They do feel very nice to hold though ,mine fit like gloves.
    Can't remember if I have 4 or 5 of the dyke classics .

Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post
    they are nice ,their made by custom stocks of Sheffield for a early model of the 52 called the original classic 52 from 80s .
    The special edition t h walnut 52 was obviously a limited special collaboration between importer frank dyke and dianawerk .
    The were stamped with a different lettering to other 48/52 models as "original " classic 52 .

Earlier stocks were as with most better wood grade.

I'm lead to believe they were french walnut .

It is likely that these stocks were purchased from cs at the time for 52 enthusiasts as two so far I know of arnt the frank dyke special edition models.

They do feel very nice to hold though ,mine fit like gloves.
    Can't remember if I have 4 or 5 of the dyke classics .

lovley, from a time when I was out of the sport

80s

lovley, from a time when I was out of the sport
    well I was shooting more plinking as a young gun in the back garden but I too missed the stuff in the shops being sold at the time I guess..

They come up time to time these ,dedicated scope no sights and instead of the foresight ramp a custom but simple moderator was fitted.

I managed to pick up a few of the early hush power polished and blued steel silencer adapters that were specific to the 52 fitting nicely up to the sleve with a female unf thread for mine so I could use a better moderator as these s/l models if they have a well tuned action silence nicely.
    Slow lazy quiet .

I really do like these side leavers

Still got one that I need to finish off somewhere for a rainy day

Seeing the ones like yours was what drew me to the 52 in the first place, very nice indeed

My idea when I was doing mine was to make a targetty type thing as I had lots of sporter stylee things and fancied a change.
    It is short stroked to I think 75mm with a humungus piston extension and uses an o ring seal. It really need a custom piston as the spring room is running out
    but easily makes power with a short stiff spring. It is very accurate and has the most un-fussy barrel of any of my guns. One day I may sort out a new piston for it
    but its very good as it is.

PS that is a trailer in a garden, not a garden trailer
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Seeing the ones like yours was what drew me to the 52 in the first place, very nice indeed

My idea when I was doing mine was to make a targetty type thing as I had lots of sporter stylee things and fancied a change.
    It is short stroked to I think 75mm with a humungus piston extension and uses an o ring seal. It really need a custom piston as the spring room is running out
    but easily makes power with a short stiff spring. It is very accurate and has the most un-fussy barrel of any of my guns. One day I may sort out a new piston for it
    but its very good as it is.

PS that is a trailer in a garden, not a garden trailer
    Cheers Max You know I'm only kidding right I really like your rifle, including the stock.

Mine has ended up similarly short of stroke with o ring seal, T06 trigger, but with a long soft spring. It's a Wonky Donkey Meteor spec spring (!), with about 60mm of preload. It goes off with a proper "CRACK", and is definately not for those who like a soft lazy thud from their springers.

I think it's achieved the goal of a fast and snappy 'target tune'. Although I'm told the reduced cylinder mod' is even better, and the ultimate spec for a 52.

But the gun is as heavy as it is accurate. Which is too heavy for me. So I might try and sell it to Dave!

Cheers Max You know I'm only kidding right I really like your rifle, including the stock.

Mine has ended up similarly short of stroke with o ring seal, T06 trigger, but with a long soft spring. It's a Wonky Donkey Meteor spec spring (!), with about 60mm of preload. It goes off with a proper "CRACK", and is definately not for those who like a soft lazy thud from their springers.

I think it's achieved the goal of a fast and snappy 'target tune'. Although I'm told the reduced cylinder mod' is even better, and the ultimate spec for a 52.

But the gun is as heavy as it is accurate. Which is too heavy for me. So I might try and sell it to Dave!
    Yup mines a really heavy bu**er, I think about 11lbs with the scope mainly due to stock and stainless muzzle weight. Not shot it for ages, in fact not doing much at the mo although I have ordered a 50s from DB Sheitsport and a R10 VC to replace my recently departed MFR from a local shop!!
    I think the stroke on the 52 might be 72.5 so the ABT works, might have a go later.

atb

Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Yup mines a really heavy bu**er, I think about 11lbs with the scope mainly due to stock and stainless muzzle weight. Not shot it for ages, in fact not doing much at the mo although I have ordered a 50s from DB Sheitsport and a R10 VC to replace my recently departed MFR from a local shop!!
    I think the stroke on the 52 might be 72.5 so the ABT works, might have a go later.

atb

Max
    Mine is 62mm stroke IIRC, and cocks the trigger just past the 3rd click of the ABT. 3.6mm TP, 11.5 FPE with 8.4gn (.177 cal, obv).

I've built a 12 FPE pellet catcher / target holder, so I can shoot the full-power beasts on my 6 yard indoor range (aka the living room), during the 10 months of winter and the 2 months of monsoon season.

Mine is 62mm stroke IIRC, and cocks the trigger just past the 3rd click of the ABT. 3.6mm TP, 11.5 FPE with 8.4gn (.177 cal, obv).

I've built a 12 FPE pellet catcher / target holder, so I can shoot the full-power beasts on my 6 yard indoor range (aka the living room), during the 10 months of winter and the 2 months of monsoon season.
    I will have to brave the elements if I want a shot unless I go in the garage I suppose. I need a more sturdy pellet catcher as my home made one is too thin from 2mm, needs to be 6mm at the back really.

You cant see so good on the pics but I filed my self a straight brass targetty trigger blade for the 52 which screws onto the T01 unit

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...Trigger001.jpg

The T01 can be adjusted nice and crisp but once the first stage is taken up the sears stick at that point on mine, the blade just returns under the tension of the big soft spring at the back.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer