Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikko Stirling Panamax

Nikko Stirling Panamax

Has anyone bought the new Nikko Panamax? The 3-9x50AO is around £150 and looks like it could be a winner. I'm not really in the market for a new scope at present but if they are really good I might just have to consider getting another rifle to sit it on!
    Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.

I picked up the 4.5-14x50 today. A lovely little scope.

I had a MTC Viper 6-24x56 sat on my HW100KS and although an excellent scope it sat a little high for my liking. The Panamax has a lot less features than the Viper but the quality of the optics is comparable, I paid £135 and I think it is excellent for the money.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

That sounds great. I'm not too fussed about bells and whistles. You got that at a good price too! I saw them on Uttings website but at more money than you paid.

I've always been a fan of Nikko scopes; maybe the optics just suit my eyes??

Would be most interested in people's findings as more people try them with a view to getting one when money allows.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I've always been a fan of Nikko scopes; maybe the optics just suit my eyes??

Would be most interested in people's findings as more people try them with a view to getting one when money allows.
    I'm watching this Post with interest too but it looks like it might be a long wait.

...no, of course this isn't a 'bump.'

..... and what about the new target master ?
    gat gun .25 cal

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I picked up the 4.5-14x50 today. A lovely little scope.

I had a MTC Viper 6-24x56 sat on my HW100KS and although an excellent scope it sat a little high for my liking. The Panamax has a lot less features than the Viper but the quality of the optics is comparable, I paid £135 and I think it is excellent for the money.
    Please can you let us know what the half milldot reticle is like (is it fine like the Panarama range or thick like the Varmint SF models).

Thanks in advance.

Very little information on these scopes or the new Target Master version.

Don't know why.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Very little information on these scopes or the new Target Master version.

Don't know why.
    Your not wrong, one of the first things I did when I bought the scope was try to find out others opinions of them and I can find very little. Not had chance to use mine properly yet but will try to post some info on them when I can.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

[PHP][/PHP]
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Your not wrong, one of the first things I did when I bought the scope was try to find out others opinions of them and I can find very little. Not had chance to use mine properly yet but will try to post some info on them when I can.
    I would love to hear what you think. I love the look of them and the low lines. I do prefer the old truplex reticle though, as the mildot - especially the half mildot - seems overcrowded to me. Don't think they do the truplex .

I have a Nikko sterling Panamax 3-9x50 AO IR, i have fitted it to my BSA R10 running 30ftlbs. As cheap scopes go it is very good, nice and clear with a good reticule. I use it for shooting squirrels and it would appear to be up to the job. Reticule is fine enough to be able to shoot half inch round targets at 50yds.

Verminator 66 is offline I Will Never Find Another Ewe
    I'm thinking the same would like to see these side by side with the MTC Connect For FOV

My shooting partner has one and what a very nice scope it is , might even get one myself

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Has anyone bought the new Nikko Panamax? The 3-9x50AO is around £150 and looks like it could be a winner. I'm not really in the market for a new scope at present but if they are really good I might just have to consider getting another rifle to sit it on!
    You say the new Nikko Panamax. These have been out for a while now. Is your's a new version of the Panamax? BTW, £150.00 sounds a lot for a 3x9x50 Panamax.

A.G

I like the new Diamond ffp and side focus as well