Thread: airsporter

airsporter

are late model bsa airsporters collectable ie stutzen and airsporter s ? and if so which one would you buy if you had to choose and why

Yes they are all worth a look.
    The high end models are more desirable as you suggest, as are RB2 models and .177 versions of any.

The Centenary and Stutzens seem to bring the highest value but a good S model is getting harder to find as well.

A good condition standard model will hold its money and probably give a lot of pleasure. Anything painted black or repaired, will knock a third off its value straight away, and be difficult to sell on. They will be harder to get nice examples of soon as there are a lot being broken at the moment and sold as parts.
    BASC

everythings collectable you just need to find someone who's willing to pay

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    All Airsporters are 'collectable' to varying degrees, even the later Mks if in good condition.
    Prices depend on condition and rarity.
    I have an Airsporter S carbine with oiled walnut (later enclosed forend type like RB2) stock. I bought new in 85/86, I have only ever seen one other advertised so must be pretty rare - I would never sell it!
    I also have a .22 Centenary (1982 'One of a Thousand') and they are pretty 'collectable'. (I would never sell that)
    I personally don't think the Airsporters ever got better than a good example of a Mk1 and I'm pleased to say I am lucky enough to have a few nice examples of those!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

As an earlier post said, every things collectable - if someone is willing to pay.
    Personally, I've got 2 'Sporters, a Mk2 & one of the later, much maligned by some, Mk4's. They cost about the same. Maybe the Mk2 had a rough life previously, but the 4 is a much more pleasant gun to shoot. Neither compare in 'feel' to my near mint ' 61 Mk3 Webley.
    Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

BSA Airsporter S

I bought a bsa airs porter of a lad who wanted a deposit for a flat in the early 80s i gave him £80 for an airsporter S and told him if he wanted it back he could have it he turned up last month and he asked if i still had it as his dad had bought it him and had now passed away so i gave it him back for £80 in perfect condition i had never shot it in the 33 years i had had it just oiled and cleaned

Quote Originally Posted by mark@mbb View Post
    I bought a bsa airs porter of a lad who wanted a deposit for a flat in the early 80s i gave him £80 for an airsporter S and told him if he wanted it back he could have it he turned up last month and he asked if i still had it as his dad had bought it him and had now passed away so i gave it him back for £80 in perfect condition i had never shot it in the 33 years i had had it just oiled and cleaned
    Sorry mate but you were 'done'!
    £80 in the early 80s was worth far more than £80 of todays money. (inflation)
    You have kept this rifle all these years and given it back to him for less money!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Sorry mate but you were 'done'!
    £80 in the early 80s was worth far more than £80 of todays money. (inflation)
    You have kept this rifle all these years and given it back to him for less money!

ASM
    Nice sentiment though and very admirable.

I have my dads Mk1 which he bought new, and the value measured in memories it holds for me, especially now that he has gone, are priceless.I can understand the guy asking for it back.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    Nice sentiment though and very admirable.

I have my dads Mk1 which he bought new, and the value measured in memories it holds for me, especially now that he has gone, are priceless.I can understand the guy asking for it back.
    Don't/cannot argue with that!

ASM