Thread: rws hyperdome results

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys

rws hyperdome results

firstly, id wondered why my point of impact was the same with these new 11g hyperdomes .22 as my usual superdomes at 14.5g,i would have
    expected them to shoot high due to their light weight,they didnt.
    heres the results.
    hw 30 superdomes 14.5 g av 501 fps giving 8.08 ft lbs
    hw 30 hobby 11.9 g av 564 fps giving 8.43 ft lb
    hw 30 hyperdomes 11g av 536 for 7.07 ft lbs ! pants!!

hw 99 superdomes 578 fps for 10.77 ft lbs (my 99 normally bang on 11 ft lbs with superdomes, but tin opened today giving slightly lower results)
    hw 99 hobby 654 for 11.3 ft lbs
    hw 99 hyperdomes 644 for 10.04 ft lbs.

these hyperdomes in the 30 are i would say as accurate as the superdomes,but in the long run,dont think they are worth the cost.

I've missed a couple of shooting opportunities over the years because lead pellets are toxic, this is in grain stores & the like so technically food processing areas.
    I tried a few variations on tin & zinc but they were all abysmal really, I put it down to harder materials not getting on with the barrel choke but I never really looked into it further.

They aren't cheap options to experiment with just for a bit of rat shooting, but when I was parked up outside a distillery last year, Highland Park as it happens, a truck arrived & dropped off 2 pallets of some kind of rat poison - probably at least a ton.
    If anybody is doing it professionally & could offer a non toxic pellet shooting option it could be a useful source of extra income, rat bait being very pricey, even in bulk & without VAT.

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post
    I've missed a couple of shooting opportunities over the years because lead pellets are toxic, this is in grain stores & the like so technically food processing areas.
    I tried a few variations on tin & zinc but they were all abysmal really, I put it down to harder materials not getting on with the barrel choke but I never really looked into it further.

They aren't cheap options to experiment with just for a bit of rat shooting, but when I was parked up outside a distillery last year, Highland Park as it happens, a truck arrived & dropped off 2 pallets of some kind of rat poison - probably at least a ton.
    If anybody is doing it professionally & could offer a non toxic pellet shooting option it could be a useful source of extra income, rat bait being very pricey, even in bulk & without VAT.
    in a situation as you have mentioned,around grain,or where lead could be a problem, these would be good,as price would not
    be so much of a problem.i only have 20yds,and they are as accurate as the superdomes.too expensive for plinking and targets tho!