Thread: Review of 6-24x50 AOEG

Review of 6-24x50 AOEG

Thought I would try a cheap scope and here is my review on it.

Stumbled upon a 6-24x50 ir px adj non branded scope on the bay and was advertised as 25 quid delivered. Although not expecting a lot I thought for that price and having low hopes I cant go to far wrong.
    On arrival I inspected the scope and was pleasantly surprised build seemed good, the sight picture was good and mag wheel and objective ring moved smoothly. Adjustment for windage and elevation are clearly marked as well which was a bonus So far so good things are looking up. So bolted it to my .22lr CZ455

Range day...
    Took a while to zero the scope in at 50 yds however after getting the zero to hit the bull I followed up with a further 20 shots. Collected my target and was pleasantly surprised all shots in a hole that appears no bigger than 5/6 shots.
    Second round, 1st shot?, 2nd shot?, 3rd shot?. Aim off at the sand and no splash at 24x, zoom out to 6x still no splash spotted. Spoke to a friend at the range and he suspected I was talking trash. After several of his shots and his being baffled I spotted the round landing 5ish foot above target.
    Now I suspect my tiny grouping on first round most likely was just 5 or 6 shots before scope decided to go its own way.

So my conclusion......
    Buy cheap and don't expect a lot. Poor picture, scope needing tweaks every now and then and general finish would have all been acceptable for something with a price tag so low. But unfortunately despite my initial first impression being so good the scope is useless. Something that can throw its zero off by so much and so easily is pointless. Sadly my suspicions were proved to be right but we never know unless we try.

Link below is for the same style scope, sadly being non branded its hard to say what its called but normally advertised as 6-24x50 AOEG

http://www./itm/181651695678?_trksid...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quote Originally Posted by betuaintgotthis View Post
    Thought I would try a cheap scope and here is my review on it.

Stumbled upon a 6-24x50 ir px adj non branded scope on the bay and was advertised as 25 quid delivered. Although not expecting a lot I thought for that price and having low hopes I cant go to far wrong.
    On arrival I inspected the scope and was pleasantly surprised build seemed good, the sight picture was good and mag wheel and objective ring moved smoothly. Adjustment for windage and elevation are clearly marked as well which was a bonus So far so good things are looking up. So bolted it to my .22lr CZ455

Range day...
    Took a while to zero the scope in at 50 yds however after getting the zero to hit the bull I followed up with a further 20 shots. Collected my target and was pleasantly surprised all shots in a hole that appears no bigger than 5/6 shots.
    Second round, 1st shot?, 2nd shot?, 3rd shot?. Aim off at the sand and no splash at 24x, zoom out to 6x still no splash spotted. Spoke to a friend at the range and he suspected I was talking trash. After several of his shots and his being baffled I spotted the round landing 5ish foot above target.
    Now I suspect my tiny grouping on first round most likely was just 5 or 6 shots before scope decided to go its own way.

So my conclusion......
    Buy cheap and don't expect a lot. Poor picture, scope needing tweaks every now and then and general finish would have all been acceptable for something with a price tag so low. But unfortunately despite my initial first impression being so good the scope is useless. Something that can throw its zero off by so much and so easily is pointless. Sadly my suspicions were proved to be right but we never know unless we try.

Link below is for the same style scope, sadly being non branded its hard to say what its called but normally advertised as 6-24x50 AOEG

http://www./itm/181651695678?_trksid...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    A nice lesson for us all in "you get what you pay for". Thanks for being honest - I was expecting a happy ending!

ps link isn't working for me.

Cheers
    Mark
    Laminate stock HW100KT .177, HW100KT .22, HW95K luxus .22, BSA Meteor Mk3 .22, SMK Mod 12 .177, MAS 0.07 .177 BB CO2, Gamo P-23 CO2

Hmmm link does not work for me either..... well the item number on the bay is 181651695678

Well anyway the seller has agreed to give full refund and I can keep the scope. maybe use it as a spotting scope or door stop but saves me the expense of posting it back.

Quote Originally Posted by betuaintgotthis View Post
    Hmmm link does not work for me either..... well the item number on the bay is 181651695678

Well anyway the seller has agreed to give full refund and I can keep the scope. maybe use it as a spotting scope or door stop but saves me the expense of posting it back.

You could always mount it to a PCP and not have to worry about recoil zero shift
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    You could always mount it to a PCP and not have to worry about recoil zero shift
    I use two of these, got them on PCPs, mine are badged Bushnell. One is slightly better than the other, but both work fine.
    6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy...!

Thanks for the review, I'm looking for a new scope for my boys rifle. I've got an AGS cobalt 3-9x40 and we thinking of getting a bigger zoom say 6-24x50 for longer targets at the range. Have you replaced this scope with a better one???