Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post

I'd also read of his 7/8" cylinder gun - wonder why it never made it to "production" ? Can you ask him next time you call him?
I put your question to him in a phone call earlier this morning.
He said that it was first made about 1982 as an experimental jig in a search of knowledge about the effects of using different diameter pistons and stroke lengths. It was never intended for production. It was in fact a 1" diameter piston model that could be reduced to 3/4" via 7/8" could also use different stroke lengths. The version I tried was in 7/8" diameter and was perfect for 12 ft/lbs use. At the same time he went to the other end of the scale and made another rifle to find out the results from a very large (1 5/8" diameter) piston using an extremely short stroke.
At the end of the 1980s he made a unique spring air rifle for Titan using many parts from the Manitou, Mohawk. This again never went into production as he left Titan but used a very small frontal area piston but in a diffent way to the earlier one. Normal size air rifle springs could be used. It was an unusual layout with the spring at the muzzle end with a piston having the sear rod passing through the compression cylinder end wall to engage a trigger closest to the butt. The compression cylinder was sandwiched between the spring and trigger unit
This information was shared with other airgunners via an article in Airgun World and more recently details of it was put up on the Facebook Fanpage for John Bowkett

I hope this answers your query