Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
Present company excepted, but I'm not spending the rest of my BP handgun shooting life in this country shooting 'water-pistol' loads that feel like the kick from an electric toothbrush. I've paid for that kick in the hand, dammit and I want to know and feel that when that gun goes off, it is damn-well going to kick like a real gun should kick. I had more handguns here than most gun-dealers, and therefore lost more, and most of them were ka-boomers. Sure, I get my fix over in OR every year, but as long as I can get reasonable results using my 25gr load, I'll continue to do so. The price of powder means absolutely nothing to me - I burn powder in my guns and coal in my trains, and I can leave neither of them to my offspring.

tac
Yeah - I know several shooters who like the sound, sight and feel of ka-boom loads (me too for the occasional treat). My past experiences with death-grip and .357 magnum loads eventually led to tennis elbow, which put a stop to my handgun shooting for quite a while. Still a weakness there so I will not risk a return of that. My personal preference now is for precision shooting (insofar as the term is applicable to muzzle loaders) but we are not all the same, and long may it remain so. Whatever floats people's boats is absolutely fine if it keeps the sport alive and the ranges open.