Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost of airgun servicing?

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder5 View Post
    I think you should declare that you are a consultant to Daystate, it could be that you are doing this on behalf of Daystate?
    In other news, water is confirmed as wet. Chunky has a long standing relationship with most manufacturers, it's hardly need to know info.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder5 View Post
    I think you should declare that you are a consultant to Daystate, it could be that you are doing this on behalf of Daystate?
    Mate you really are doing yourself no favours at all. You need to grasp the concept that certain people on this forum are good guys with reputations forged from honest, integrity, and a genuine interest in helping others. You seem hell bent on winding these people up, they have in my opinion shown incredible resistant in dealing with your snipes.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Mate you really are doing yourself no favours at all. You need to grasp the concept that certain people on this forum are good guys with reputations forged from honest, integrity, and a genuine interest in helping others. You seem hell bent on winding these people up, they have in my opinion shown incredible resistant in dealing with your snipes.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    ^this
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Its a good question actually, I use an independant Renault garage to service my Clio, and save a fortune on the prices at my main Renault dealership. Cant see a problem in using an independant to do my rifles either. I do have a John Bowket worked on Firebird thats one of the best barginds I have ever bought. To be honest after reading the problems encounterd by one of the guys on another post re his Daystate Airwolf, I would be very wary in sending my old Daystate FTR back to the factory yes I have no doubt that will offend some but if I am parting with my cash I want and expect perfect service I dont think thats a lot to ask for myself dont you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Please do BE AWARE-there is servicing AND there is SERVICING!! How many O-rings in a Daystate MK3-high 20's / low 30's-how many get changed at your local RFD?

jesus graham looking at the prices people are putting on this thread i need to have a closer look at mine

most pcp that come to me for a service are under £50 that is regged guns too. i probably have a reg tester for every regged gun on the market. you will be pleased to know i have nearly cought up with my back log so your action will be started soon. im doing a r10 at the moment but i want to make it a little special for the guy.. do you know whos this rapid barrel is i have here i lost his number ?

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Please do be aware that there are RFDs and Daystate Accredited Service Agent RFDs Baxter.

The one I use is a Daystate Accredited Service Agent! So all the O rings will be changed!

if a rifle comes in to me for any work and i need take it to bits no matter what state the o rings are they will be changed false economy to put the same o rings back in talking of daystates some daystates i have done shoot better after i have worked on them than they did when they left daystate the build quality is going down hill from daystate

The point I was trying to make: there ARE gunshops out there who will change the breech seal and probe seal only and still charge a considerable sum for the service (or lack of)-I was not having a dig at you-just making a point. For Example-if I wanted a Rapid servicing, Kev G would be my first port of call

Most folks in "the know" use Staffordshire Custom Rifles for Daystate servicing

come on graham you havnt seen one of my rapids yet

Quote Originally Posted by airtech View Post
    come on graham you havnt seen one of my rapids yet
    Apologies Carl Looking forward to the action

The Rapid Barrel is Rob Appleyards-will give you a call today mate
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

secretagentmole Guest
    The point I was trying to make: there ARE gunshops out there who will change the breech seal and probe seal only and still charge a considerable sum for the service (or lack of)-I was not having a dig at you-just making a point. For Example-if I wanted a Rapid servicing, Kev G would be my first port of call

Most folks in "the know" use Staffordshire Custom Rifles for Daystate servicing
    Funny that! KevG would be my first port of call for my Rapid too (currently with KevG internals). The point with Daystate is though if you use an accredited service agent, like a car, your warranty is still valid!

Service

People who service and repair rifles from home will always be cheeper as they have no overheads to pay for or warranty to give as it is a hobby,the insurance alone must be a large expence let alone rent/rates etc.

Big Si is offline Great Uncle Bulgaria, Chief Womble
    I would always use Simon Howarth (Tweeky/Tench) for Pcp guns. I also will only ever use Dave Halls (Bonny and Clyde) for all things spring. Have used both chaps for years, both make a good cup of tea and have a good line in conversation. As for prices they always seem to be too cheep for the work done.

Si.
    Lo there do I see my father. Lo there do I see my mother, and my sisters and my brothers. Lo do I see the line of my people back to its beginning. Lo they do call to me and bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

I have to agree that Daystate QC has gone down hill. Daystate charge £200+ from memory. Next time my Daystate need servicing I will send them to Dave at SCR! £120 ish aslong as no major parts need replacing I belive.
    With other PCP brands I would go:
    XTX (daren) - AA BSA
    JB - BSA
    Rancid Tom - BSA
    The Ratworks (Phill Crampton)- BSA
    Kev G - Theoben

For Springers I spend my money at SFS!

Not sure what any of them charge, although Daren at XTX does advertise his prices on his website.

ATB

Matt
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.