Thread: Cost of airgun servicing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sorry mate, clear

My BSA usually go to JB as we've been friends for the best part of 15 years

J.B did his magic on my R10 in 2011
    Think it's time it went back for a little fettle :
    TOP MAN
    Last edited by xraiderx; 03-03-2015 at 06:28 AM.
    Hw100bp
    Hw77
    Artemis pp750

Please do BE AWARE-there is servicing AND there is SERVICING!! How many O-rings in a Daystate MK3-high 20's / low 30's-how many get changed at your local RFD?
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Please do BE AWARE-there is servicing AND there is SERVICING!! How many O-rings in a Daystate MK3-high 20's / low 30's-how many get changed at your local RFD?
    Please do be aware that there are RFDs and Daystate Accredited Service Agent RFDs Baxter.

The one I use is a Daystate Accredited Service Agent! So all the O rings will be changed!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Please do be aware that there are RFDs and Daystate Accredited Service Agent RFDs Baxter.

The one I use is a Daystate Accredited Service Agent! So all the O rings will be changed!
    The point I was trying to make: there ARE gunshops out there who will change the breech seal and probe seal only and still charge a considerable sum for the service (or lack of)-I was not having a dig at you-just making a point. For Example-if I wanted a Rapid servicing, Kev G would be my first port of call

Most folks in "the know" use Staffordshire Custom Rifles for Daystate servicing

All lies matter

Another one for XTX AIR very good on most PCP guns , Darrin has done wonders on mine

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Another one for XTX AIR very good on most PCP guns , Darrin has done wonders on mine
    Darrin does a vert good job, but i am pretty sure he is taking no more guns on just now, until he has cleared some of his backlog.....Victim of his own success
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

The point I was trying to make: there ARE gunshops out there who will change the breech seal and probe seal only and still charge a considerable sum for the service (or lack of)-I was not having a dig at you-just making a point. For Example-if I wanted a Rapid servicing, Kev G would be my first port of call

come on graham you havnt seen one of my rapids yet

Quote Originally Posted by airtech View Post
    come on graham you havnt seen one of my rapids yet
    Apologies Carl Looking forward to the action

The Rapid Barrel is Rob Appleyards-will give you a call today mate

All lies matter

secretagentmole Guest

Funny that! KevG would be my first port of call for my Rapid too (currently with KevG internals). The point with Daystate is though if you use an accredited service agent, like a car, your warranty is still valid!

Service

People who service and repair rifles from home will always be cheeper as they have no overheads to pay for or warranty to give as it is a hobby,the insurance alone must be a large expence let alone rent/rates etc.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post

if a rifle comes in to me for any work and i need take it to bits no matter what state the o rings are they will be changed false economy to put the same o rings back in talking of daystates some daystates i have done shoot better after i have worked on them than they did when they left daystate the build quality is going down hill from daystate

jesus graham looking at the prices people are putting on this thread i need to have a closer look at mine

most pcp that come to me for a service are under £50 that is regged guns too. i probably have a reg tester for every regged gun on the market. you will be pleased to know i have nearly cought up with my back log so your action will be started soon. im doing a r10 at the moment but i want to make it a little special for the guy.. do you know whos this rapid barrel is i have here i lost his number ?