Hi all,

A potentially daft scoring question for you.

I've plinked for years but the spring summer MPL is the first proper competition I've ever taken part in. The scoring rules are very easy to understand and I've erred on the side of caution scoring down any doubtful shots and up where I consider a line properly touched or cut.

Anything outside the 4 ring I have considered a miss and scored as zero, entirely logical to my mind and having until now always managed to get at least a 4 I've never had to think about it.

I had a flyer on Saturday and put a pellet just outside the 4 ring and have scored it zero. However (and unfortunately I cannot remember where) on my travels around the web for printable practice targets, I vaguely remember seeing something about hitting outside the rings counting as 1.
I've searched high and low for a definitive guide to scoring 6yrd targets and have only found ones relating to 10m which have a full set of rings (10 down to 1). So obviously on 10m outside is definitely 0, is this also the case with 6yrd? (where they only go 10 to 4)

I am more intrigued than concerned, but it peeked my curiosity and I worried that if I was doing it wrong I will have robbed my lad of a few points on his January cards as he was a tad nervous and had a few misses (his Feb scores are up to his normal standard with every shot scoring, so no doubts there, phew).

apologies if this is a daft question ,

Andy