Thread: Some of Lawrie's Beautiful antique guns!!

Cool Some of Lawrie's Beautiful antique guns!!

Hi all

I recalled having some pics of some of Lawrie's beautiful antique guns, he gave me permission to put pics up for all to see

I'm sure there were more pics on my old computer that crashed and died but can't seem to find them allthough my son saved much of what I thought was gone forever!!

Gifford Junior

Closer pic

Crosman 660 and 600 'Carbine'!

Crosman 677 'PlinkOmatic' A rare .177version of the 600

T'uther side

Sheridan Supergrade (I think!!)

Crosman 102 pump up repeater rifle that Lawrie converted to Co2

A stunning Giffard pistol

I think everyone will agree, These are superb pieces of airgunning history

I have some pics too of Lawries showing old literature and correspondance from the early Crosman days too, Not 100% sure I can find them now though

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi all

I recalled having some pics of some of Lawrie's beautiful antique guns, he gave me permission to put pics up for all to see

I'm sure there were more pics on my old computer that crashed and died but can't seem to find them allthough my son saved much of what I thought was gone forever!!

Gifford Junior

Closer pic

Crosman 660 and 600 'Carbine'!

Crosman 677 'PlinkOmatic' A rare .177version of the 600

T'uther side

Sheridan Supergrade (I think!!)

Crosman 102 pump up repeater rifle that Lawrie converted to Co2

A stunning Giffard pistol

I think everyone will agree, These are superb pieces of airgunning history

I have some pics too of Lawries showing old literature and correspondance from the early Crosman days too, Not 100% sure I can find them now though

Cheers, John
    Fantastic guns! Thanks John and Lawrie.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

<Insert Jealous Smiley>

Lovely

Pete - Thats how you display guns on a fence

These are his oldies, what I was hoping to see on here is his latest conversion, but perhaps the photos would pre-empt its appearance in a well known airgun magazine ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I...

...think I've had a sizable accident in my Gentleman Sausage area

Thanks
    Pardon?

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Lovely things. The baby Giffard is a new one on me!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Wow !!! Simply SUPERB examples, all.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Spoke to Lawrie and he said I could put one of his latest creations on here. It is a converted obsolete calibre rook rifle that is now a bulk fill CO2 rifle, brilliant idea. It has a Rabbit Stopper barrel fitted on top of the original barrel which is bored out to act as the CO2 reservoir.He has used a GMAC metal breach. Putting out just under 11 ft. lb.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Spoke to Lawrie and he said I could put one of his latest creations on here. It is a converted obsolete calibre rook rifle that is now a bulk fill CO2 rifle, brilliant idea. It has a Rabbit Stopper barrel fitted on top of the original barrel which is bored out to act as the CO2 reservoir.He has used a GMAC metal breach. Putting out just under 11 ft. lb.

Baz

That's amazing Baz, thanks for posting them. I could see that technique being used eg. to convert old single-barrelled shotguns, which aren't very valuable. Presumably the shotgun barrel would make a good CO2 reservoir? I suppose you would have to add sights though.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Baz

l sure like that one, it could catch on , pity about the Giffard as it looks like an home made jobby to me. l have a pistol that someone copied from one of Giffards

The Junior Giffard, ?

Quote Originally Posted by micky View Post
    l sure like that one, it could catch on , pity about the Giffard as it looks like an home made jobby to me. l have a pistol that someone copied from one of Giffards
    Micky,
    I did explain to John when I sent those pictures of the "Junior Giffard" That I thought that it may have been made by someone in the factory by one of the workers, maybe for a child or female to use, because it is fairly crudely made, although it works very well, we used to make things for ourselves when I first started work in a factory, we called them "homers"
    Cheers, Lawrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    Micky,
    I did explain to John when I sent those pictures of the "Junior Giffard" That I thought that it may have been made by someone in the factory by one of the workers, maybe for a child or female to use, because it is fairly crudely made, although it works very well, we used to make things for ourselves when I first started work in a factory, we called them "homers"
    Cheers, Lawrie.
    Hi Lawrie thanks for comfirming what l thought about the Giffard Junior, as you say there is not much qualityto it, but nice that it shoots.
    Regards,
    Mick.