Thread: HW30s in .177

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HW30s in .177

Hearing a lot about the HW30 at the moment and the Germany/ Holland prices are very tempting. I notice that a lot of the you tube vids show them in .177 which given the weight of the gun I thought would be a no no. What are you HW30 177 owners finding?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have one in each cal, the .22 makes 9fpe with its current set up, if I swap the barrels it drops to 6.5 in .177, it's virtually recoiless though.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

That's impressive for the .22. If I get one first job will be to get another one of your guide sets.

Chrono results from my HW30s .177

Pellet Av.fps ME ft/lbf
    Bisley Magnums 526 6.7
    JSB Exact 635 7.6
    Falcon Accuracy + 676 7.4

Recoil is minimal, although finding the right pellet makes a difference. Mine is extremely smooth with JSB Exact Express (7.9gr) but feels a bit "thumpier" with the tight fitting RWS Superdomes (8.3gr), marginal but noticeable in a side-by-side test.
    Whilst the real heavy weights (BisMags etc) are a bit pointless in a lower powered gun anyway IMO.

The stated weights for the rifle are also slightly low . Most state 5.5lb, those I've actually weighed are 6lb.

It'll be lovely; go for it!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I bought one in .177 and I absolutely love it. Just a scaled down version of the bigger guns. I fitted a 1.5 -5 x32 scope on mine as im using it for informal target practice.Its so smooth to shoot and megga accurate.
    I would recommend this little rifle to anyone, especially in the smaller calibre. Its nice to not have to bother about shot counts, charging cylinders or magazines sometimes. Just a tin of pellets and some targets and the fun begins. Enjoy.