Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK2 Airsporter

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Hi John, you do such admirable work on your restorations, do you think you will be able to leave it as it is?
    From my perspective the std Airsporter stocks didn't get any more attractive after the MK2. Perhaps the designers with imagination and flair were 'retired' and replaced with accountants
    I have a MK6 and the fore end is one of the least inspirational pieces of wood I can remember; a length of 3 x 2 would look as good
    i agree with all of the above,i have what i believe is a mk3,the action is but i am not too sure about the stock which is very angular and bland with treacle varnish,i havnt got the skills but i have in the past wondered if a woodworker could reshape the stock to get it looking more like a mk2,there's plenty of excess timber on it,which could be on purpose for the weight maybe,

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Hi John, you do such admirable work on your restorations, do you think you will be able to leave it as it is?
    From my perspective the std Airsporter stocks didn't get any more attractive after the MK2. Perhaps the designers with imagination and flair were 'retired' and replaced with accountants
    I have a MK6 and the fore end is one of the least inspirational pieces of wood I can remember; a length of 3 x 2 would look as good
    Hi Slow runner

I decided to leave it as is because the lad I bought it from inherited it from his uncle, it was his uncle that married the two parts together (he inherited a huge collection- far too many for him to keep )

I do agree with you that the mk1/2 are the nicest stocks- the mk3 square fronted ones were an abomination but going further forward, I think the mk7 stock is very nice

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/