Thread: Swindon newbie says 'Hi'

Swindon newbie says 'Hi'

Hi All.

Well, it's been around 18yrs since I used to target grey squirrels back home with my old .22 BSA break barrel. I'd been wanting a new gun for a while. I did some research and bought a TX200 mk3 .177. I liked this so much that I bought an Air Wolf mct .22 - I didn't really have the money but I fell in love with it as soon as I picked it up.

I'm getting virtually pellet on pellet inside 10p sized targets at 25yrds in the back garden quite easily.

At the moment I feel a bit like 'All the gear, very little idea'.

Any advice from you guys on pellets and local shooting clubs would be very appreciated.

I'd like to target shoot and hunt. I love cooking so, some nice fresh bunnies would be good eventually.

Thanks for reading & have a good day all.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Hi All.

Well, it's been around 18yrs since I used to target grey squirrels back home with my old .22 BSA break barrel. I'd been wanting a new gun for a while. I did some research and bought a TX200 mk3 .177. I liked this so much that I bought an Air Wolf mct .22 - I didn't really have the money but I fell in love with it as soon as I picked it up.

I'm getting virtually pellet on pellet inside 10p sized targets at 25yrds in the back garden quite easily.

At the moment I feel a bit like 'All the gear, very little idea'.

Any advice from you guys on pellets and local shooting clubs would be very appreciated.

I'd like to target shoot and hunt. I love cooking so, some nice fresh bunnies would be good eventually.

Thanks for reading & have a good day all.
    Hi JonJon79
    Welcome to bbs enjoy your stay please make sure
    Of marksmanship before hunting if you can find a
    Club in your area you will enjoy the banter
    Regards
    Les

Hi , lots of great advice/info on here, hope you enjoy .
    Great way to get away from the missus too
    Just got back into it myself after about 25yrs break . Lovin' it !
    oh and cheaper than airgun mags .atb, Rich.
    gat gun .25 cal

Wink

Thanks for the replies. Not to worry Les, I dare say that I'm a bit rusty after all this time. I want to be very sure of my abilities before I hunt for dinner.

Cheers Rich, I reckon time away from the missus will be very welcome if she ever finds out what I spent on my new hobby

All of the above.

These guys will do a day ticket and they are 5 miles from the centre of Swindon, they have a 65yd outdoor range for air rifle shooters to learn the ropes before going after the bunnies.
    http://www.barburyftc.com/

There is also a shooting ground near Cirencester that does air rifles every other week:
    http://www.old-downs-pursuits.co.uk/
    Last edited by mostlyharmless; 05-03-2015 at 08:15 PM.

Welcome on board.

Always plenty of good, sound advice and tips to be had and some excellent banter, too!

Feel free to share your upcoming experiences and views.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Cheers guys. I'll check out both of those. I work some fairly long hours so, I need to try to find somewhere that fits (fingers crossed).

All of the above.